Search results

1. P

Canon USA officially announces the Canon Cinema EOS C70

I know what you mean Padam, we are indeed spoilt for choice now and it's important to remember that. But it's also important for all companies, who do read forums like this to get feedback on what consumers need and think about their products in order to adapt and tailor them to future markets...
  2. P

Canon USA officially announces the Canon Cinema EOS C70

I'm in danger of becoming that guy that keeps whining on about the lack of a viewfinder but I agree with you. In all the handheld footage I've seen, I'm spotting that classic side to side, rolling motion you tend to get when shooting with two hands from the gut, especially when turning the lens...
  3. P

Here is the Canon Cinema EOS C70, to be announced this week.

Ha ha, yeah I really want that viewfinder to fit don't I!
  4. P

Okay, so it's clear I really do have too much time on my hands now but I just had a thought about the two strange rubber stoppers on the import 1 and 2 covers and the question of a bolt on viewfinder. If like on the c100mkii, the flip out screen on this camera can rotate and fold down flat onto...
  5. P

I know what you mean about monitoring options and space for a viewfinder. I have a sneaky suspicion looking at my flip out lcd on the C100mkii that the hinge we can see might be too small and slim for an lcd hinge and could instead be a hinge for the audio dial door maybe? That would allow space...
  6. P

A closer look at the lines of the body, excuse my terrible scrawl, seems to show that this handle is perhaps built into the body more like a dslr. I also noticed what seems to be a dslr style on/off switch next to the record button and a separate dial on the top left. Bit of a shame as the...
  7. P

That's my question too. I'm still working with my c100MKii and could do with a resolution upgrade, but my most beloved feature of the Eos cinema line is strangely the viewfinder and form factor. Shooting handheld, with your eye up to the adjustable angle, large, clear viewfinder just works so...
  8. P

5Ghz wifi capabilities confirmed for the Canon EOS R5

I bought the R mainly as a B-cam for video production use and I'm still getting accustomed to it's many quirks. It's great in a lot of ways but one thing that really doesn't work is the two step mode, then info button press, to change between stills and video. I've missed so many shots fumbling...
  9. P

Canon confirms 8K capable EOS R camera in development

I think we all may be getting a little over excited about a missing comma here. Surely what he’s actually hinting at is an “8k, video capable camera.” The 8k surely refers to a high megapixel stills sensor that they will doubtless pull (heavily cropped) 4K from. Christmas is over and sorry guys...
  10. P

Here’s the full list of gear Canon will announce on September 5

Everyone always say's the best thing about mirrorless systems is you can put any manufacturers lenses on a mirrorless body because of the short flange length, but this is only an advantage to the consumer not the manufacturer. If the new body takes EF lenses natively by keeping the flange focal...
  11. P

Here’s the full list of gear Canon will announce on September 5

This is so very, very good. Even if the new camera doesn't appear we should all be glad that the rumours produced this comedy gold. "Canon is doomed, it's a failure!" You sir are a genius!