Search results

1. N

In stock: Refurbished EOS R6 at $1,299 from Canon.com

Here! https://www.usa.canon.com/shop/p/refurbished-eos-r6-body
  2. N

Can anyone recommend a backup solution for the EOS RP?

I'm shooting weddings with EOS RP camera bodies and would like to use a backup solution in case any of my SD cards fail. The Canon Connect app is hard to use. Is there anything else?
  3. N

Samyang RF 85/1.4 failing?

Hey all, I know I've been one of the biggest evangelists for 3rd party glass in the last couple of years, especially as the RF ecosystem took off without many lower budget alternatives to Canon's 1st party F/1.2 glass, but I think this has come to bite me in the ass. I was working on a job...
  4. N

Someone 3D-printed an EF to RF tilt adaptor

I would buy one of these in a heartbeat to use with my manual focus, manual aperture Samyang EF 14/2.8. Wouldn't you? Petapixel - homemade EF to RF tilt adaptor below: EF 50/1.2 L at f/2.8
  5. N

How to deal with people who don't like photographers?

I've been running into an issue lately where stepping outside the door of my own home (in suburban Oregon), I get waylaid by random neighbors I don't know (always women in their 40s - Karens, in the parlance of the day) who interrupt me taking photos on the street and ask me my business. I...
  6. N

RF 85/1.2 L vs RF 85/1.2 L DS (new video w/ comparisons)

I found this video entertaining and informative. Comparisons from Barrera: RF 85/1.2 L RF 85/1.2 L DS: Observations: 1) The DS improves the appearance of bokeh in busy scenes (leaves on the left side of the frame, a couple feet behind the model. 2) The DS produces artificial-looking...
  7. N

Is this IQ within spec for an EF 70-200/2.8 L IS mk. II?

I'm not happy with the performance of my EF 70-200/2.8 L IS mk. II at 200mm. Here is a center 1:1 crop taken at 200mm, manually focused on the nail in the center-right of the board. Compare that to the image below, taken with the EF 200/2.8 L mk. II, again, manually focused to the nail on...
  8. N

Picture Style Editor 1.23

I'm trying to create a custom picture style using Picture Style Editor (have a job coming up where I'm just shooting jpgs, so I'd like to lock in my look as much as possible, since I won't be editing the images at all afterward). I'd like to be able to adjust the RGB curves individually, since...
  9. N

EF to RF Metabones 0.71x Speed Booster (review)

I had no idea Metabones was working on this. I probably won't buy one because I don't do much video (and I'm never in APS-C mode shooting stills - why not make a medium format lens speedbooster to use on 35mm sensors, instead?) but the performance isn't that bad outside some apparent softness at...
  10. N

Deal: EOS R + EF adapter for $1499 at Adorama

Kind of a strange URL, so I'm not certain it will stay up, but here we go: https://www.adorama.com/car.html
  11. N

R and RP with m42 lenses (hit the shutter?)

Contemplating getting an RP next week. I currently shoot with a 5D classic. One of my favorite m42 lenses hits the mirror at infinity focus on that body. Are the R and RP shutters closer or further from the rear element on a lens than is a mirror in a DSLR body like mine? In essence, is there a...