Search results

1. D

Patent: Eye-controlled autofocus for mirrorless cameras

I'm curious about that as well.
  2. D

Here are SIGMA’s three new full-frame mirrorless camera lenses

I think it's a good thing. Coming from someone whose been using the Control Ring (CR) adaptor, I would be bummed to loose the ability to control part of the Exposure Triangle on the lens barrel. I currently have the CR set to control the ISO, but I could easily get used to mapping it to the rear...
  3. D

Is SIGMA getting ready to announce their first RF mount lenses? [CR1]

My guess is their lenses won't have a Control Ring. Is that a fair assumption? Still, I'm a Sigma fan - currently own the 35 and 50 Art lens paired with the R. I would love to own Canon's RF L lenses but good Lord do you need some deep pockets! Sigma RF mount glass would be a nice compromise...
  4. D

Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM coming May 9, 2019

The official U.S. price for this lens will be $2,699.00. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1477265-REG/canon_rf_85mm_f_1_2l_usm.html Cheers!
  5. D

A few more images of the Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM leak out ahead of this week’s announcement

The official U.S. price for this will be $2,699.00. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1477265-REG/canon_rf_85mm_f_1_2l_usm.html Cheers!
  6. D

Firmware: Canon EOS R v1.2.0 available for download

Yes, the Eye-AF appears to be locking on at same distance in Servo as it does with One-shot (aka non-Servo). It's not like Sony's where it locks onto the eye at extreme distances, which is pointless if you ask me. Could it be a little further, like 3/4? Yes. But I'll take it.
  7. D

My short initial testing of the update is good. I'm in the US and without realizing I installed the Canada version. Does this matter? What are the implications?
  8. D

I'm currently charging my battery for the update. I'm looking forward to this a lot!
  9. D

Canon EOS R firmware version 1.2.0 announced

That's a good question. I initially thought it was the spot AF as seen in the RP (and other higher-end DSLRs). But maybe you're right - maybe it's just the smaller AF that is found on non-servo. Crossing my fingers hoping that it's the former (RP's single point). But like you said, I too am...
  10. D

Firmware: Canon EOS RP v.1.1.0

As a software developer, I could see this being a really cool feature for developing apps for the camera. HTTP-based communication (i.e. REST API) is far more accessible than whatever proprietary thing they have currently.
  11. D

Canon officially announces the development of 6 new RF mount lenses

Man, that 70-200 looks amazing! It's so compact. I'm also real curious about the 85 DS - how much of a difference it is compared to the normal version. They're all great; who am I kidding!!
  12. D

Canon releases firmware v1.1.0 for the EOS R and it’s disappointing

As minimal of an update that it is, I'm happy to report the silent shooting in continuous works with face tracking BUT not with Eye-AF. Something is better than nothing, I suppose. FYI... I updated via SD card.
  13. D

Patent: Possible soft focus EF to RF adapter

Can someone explain to me what "soft focus" is? Is it really what it sounds? Instead of a tach sharp image, you have soft image... similar to Lens Baby?
  14. D

The Canon EOS R will begin shipping to customers on October 9, 2018, if not sooner

Yes, I discovered that turning off the hotshoe unit the exposure preview is enabled again. I suppose your workaround is viable. But slows workflow a little. I guess it's just something to learn and get used to with the mirrorless systems.
  15. D

The Canon EOS R will begin shipping to customers on October 9, 2018, if not sooner

I have noticed that whenever I mount something to the hotshoe, the exposure preview and meetering is off. My triggers and flashes are Godox. I've looked and I can't seem to find a setting for this. Anyone else experiencing this?
  16. D

I received my R and CR adaptor (control ring) from Adorama yesterday. I live in the east coast of the U.S.
  17. D

The Sigma 35 and 50 ART work wonderfully. Super fast and precise AF performance. I had one issue earlier with the 35 but it turns out it was due to some in-camera lens correction. After disabling it, it was fine (see my posts above). Thanks for the tip @Shane1.4!
  18. D

I guess there's some good news - it's not showing up on the files. Must be something wrong with both EVF and rear screen.
  19. D

Damn it! I think I found a real issue with mine. I appears that I have a dead pixel on the sensor.
  20. D

There's like five settings. For me it was the Peripheral illumination corr. I now want to get the manual and find out what this is. Thanks again @Shane1.4!!