Search results

1. J

Canon to announce the RF 50mm f/1.8 STM and RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM soon

Going by the patent, the nifty fifty will be smaller than the EF version but not quite as small as the 40mm pancake. Looking forward to this. :)
  2. J

A budget EOS R body is coming in the first half of 2021 [CR2]

Any chance this will have IBIS? Hopefully, it still has uncropped 4K with DPAF. They need to release a nice pancake lens soon.
  3. J

Canon EOS R5 firmware update coming in the next 24 hours

I remember it. Thank you. Do you know if the source has any info on the R6?
  4. J

Deal: Save 20% off select refurbished gear at the Canon USA Store

Same. There seems to be some service quality issues compared to past calls. By the way, it's back in stock.
  5. J

Feature updates coming via firmware for both the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

What about shutter priority for R6 videos?
  6. J

Here are more specifications for the Canon EOS R6

Translation error. It's the Mark 3.
  7. J

Here are more specifications for the Canon EOS R6

Nokishita confirmed same EVF as R.
  8. J

Sooooo, f/11 you say? What’s Canon up to with these upcoming supertelephoto lenses?

Can someone translate the patent numbers? Is the length of the lens provided?
  9. J

The Canon EOS R5 and EOS R6 will be announced in the first few days of July

Would you guys be fine with the 1DX ii sensor on the R6? I think that is a safe assumption to make.
  10. J

Adorama introduces the Adorama Edge credit card

I was hoping for a Payboo equivalent tax reimbursement card. Adorama started charging sales tax in my state all of a sudden. That's 10% every purchase. The 5% from this card can't beat Payboo.
  11. J

Canon Software Solution Allows Select EOS Interchangeable Lens Cameras to Function as High-Quality USB Webcam

So what is the resolution? Does it do eye AF if the camera supports it?
  12. J

Canon to add 24p recording to the Canon EOS 90D, Canon EOS RP & Canon EOS M6 Mark II

This sequence of updates is all about money and manipulation. 90D must really be struggling. They want people to buy it even if they prefer the M6II. Why else would they put the M6II out to mid 2020? Technical difficulties? Please.
  13. J

Canon announces an upcoming firmware update for the PowerShot G7 X Mark III

This sounds very calculated. They wanted to sell loads of the M6 II. It worked. I returned the G7X3 and pre-ordered the M6 II. By the time I see the updated firmware reviews on YouTube, the 30 day return window will have passed on the M6 II. Maybe I'll buy both. These guys know what they're doing.
  14. J

We’ve received the pricing for the new RF lenses

https://www.facebook.com/jjphotocenter/photos/rpp.844194149053195/1497804003692203/?type=3&theater This is a Canon authorized dealer. They are selling the RP for 48,900 Thai Bahts, which is $1609.56. $1609.56 x 80.76% = $1300. So... The 15-35 and 24-70 will both cost about $2195.71. Or in...
  15. J

Here is the Canon EOS R announcement live

Can you put a RF lens on the ND mount? If not, the EF lenses might have some advantages. Also, is the 35mm lead screw STM?
  16. J

Here are the full Canon EOS R specifications

So no timelapse or intervalometer? That might be a deal breaker for me.
  17. J

Here are the first images and specifications of the Canon EOS R and the new RF mount lenses

I'm thinking RF lenses all have ND filters built-in. That's why they have an extra ring. It's the same with the mount having a built-in ND filter. Super exciting!