Search results

1. T

DDOS Attack Takes Down Russian Source of Canon Pre-Release Details

Some incredibly crucial info on a photography gear rumors website, I'll keep that in mind when Canon releases R3.6 with an active caesium-137 filter. Unbelievable.
  2. T

Industry News: Panasonic launches the Lumix GH6

Panasonic uses the same font for body controls as Canon. Sharp eye, couldn't notice haha
  3. T

Canon confirms discontinuation of EF and EF-S lenses

Wrong, they confirmed it will be their last DSLR in the 1D line, not the last DSLR in general.
  4. T

Canon confirms discontinuation of EF and EF-S lenses

I can't seem to grasp why they discontinue the EF-S 55-250 STM. It's a good lens for many beginners with APS-C bodies
  5. T

Canon applies for a hybrid viewfinder patent

You do realize this won't be a TTL (DSLR-type) OVF but "tunnel" one, like in some early PowerShots?
  6. T

More features and specifications for the Canon EOS R3 have emerged

Was eye-controlled AF mentioned, hence the gigantic viewfinder?
  7. T

Canon officially discontinues a lot more EF lenses

Why is EF-S 55-250 being discontinued? It's quite a popular lens among crop tele-shooters
  8. T

Here are some crazy Canon EOS R1 specifications [CR0]

Jesus Christ, Tony Northrup took the bait and spreads this "leaked info" as factual (and I'm afraid he won't be the only one)
  9. T

Canon to announce the PowerShot Pick next week

"PowerShot AI, can you tell me what are the current prices of A7 III?" "I'm afraid I can't do that, Dave." (lights in the house turn off and gas starts leaking)
  10. T

This is the possible Canon RF mount camera roadmap [CR2]

APS-C RF camera, if affordable enough, will need some SERIOUSLY cheap lenses. I'm speaking of EF-S cheap.
  11. T

Here is the Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM

EF 50mm STM has by far the worst version of STM, the gear-type one. Unlike its lead-type counterpart (which can be found in STM kit lenses), it's much slower and less accurate when you shoot through viewfinder on DSLR cameras.
  12. T

There is an APS-C RF mount camera coming [CR3]

Except this new DPAF II sensor will probably blow away RP's aged 6D II sensor, regardless of it being FF
  13. T

Patent: Various RF mount zoom lenses, including an APS-C RF mount design

7.1 is the sharpness sweet spot of most APS-C kit lenses
  14. T

A bit of a refresher on what’s next from Canon

It will certainly be on the "cheaper end", as it is not an L lens. But it will not "replace" the EF version, it will just complement it - the EF version will still be available (for obvious reasons).
  15. T

The RF mount mirrorless version of the EOS-1D X Mark III is coming in 2021 [CR3]

I don't think the killer video specs will be the main feature of a 1D-series camera.
  16. T

Industry News: The Sony Alpha a7c leaks ahead of the official announcement

They simply can't into ergonomics. They simply can't.
  17. T

Here is the Canon Cinema EOS C70

Why not, if the recording is unlimited (i.e. camera is reliable for extended video work)?
  18. T

Here is the Canon Cinema EOS C70

Is this, dare I say, the "video R5" everyone's been moaning about? Also, note the huge vent on the side. Some of the labels I was able to decipher:
  19. T

Canon confirms addition of Canon Log 3, Cinema RAW Light, lower bit rates and more for the EOS-1D X Mark III and EOS R5

Yes, at least on the CFexpress end. Lower bitrate = less Mbps to continuously write to the card.