Search results

1. sfericean

Buying a R3 or R5 in May 2023?

Just got an R3. The thing is a beast. I don't regret it even one bit. $500 off was just the icing on the cake. I would happily buy another one. But with all that said, my primary source of income with photography is in sports. So having a sports and wildlife camera, with the most advanced AF...
  2. sfericean

Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8L IS USM next from Canon

Holy moly, this would be absolutely game changing...for your wallet. :cautious:
  3. sfericean

More features coming to Canon EOS R5 in future firmware [CR2]

Future firmwares eh? After this last one, I have no plans to get my hopes up at all. If and/or when it drops, I’ll just be pleasantly surprised.
  4. sfericean

Canon R5 1.8.1

All you early adopters, AKA beta testers for the bugs in this new firmware see below: Windows: https://canon.jp/support/software/os/select/cdc/eosr5-v181-win Mac: https://canon.jp/support/software/os/select/cdc/eosr5-v181-mac Godspeed and let us know how it goes!
  5. sfericean

Canon R5 1.8.1

I introduce to you, the greatest camera EVER MADE!!! THE R5!!..ugh I mean THE R6 MARK 2!!!
  6. sfericean

Here is the Canon EOS R6 Mark II & Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM

In all seriousness, the lock switch and the photo video mode switch are in fact huge upgrades to the functionality of the R6. The aforementioned lock switch as opposed to a button is nice change as I like to just look down at my camera and see that the lock switch is on. (Like on my 1DX Mark...
  7. sfericean

Here is the Canon EOS R6 Mark II & Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM

Holy moly, that lock switch alone may be worth the upgrade :LOL: I can't put into words how much I despise that lock button on the current R6. Sorry I'm an old guy. I love my old timey switches and various levers that make life easier....Stupid buttons.
  8. sfericean

Unconfirmed Canon EOS R7 Specifications [CR1]

The list of specs is very well tamed for a rumor. Excited to see what Canon will offer up.
  9. sfericean

Canon EOS R5 Firmware v1.5.2

Canon is DOOME...oh wait, wait...hold the phone. Nevermind.
  10. sfericean

Will Canon come out with a 4K ONLY camera?

LOL!..too funny.
  11. sfericean

The 1D X Mark III bitterly exclaims: "What am I, chopped liver!!??"
  12. sfericean

EOS R bitterly exclaims: "What am I, chopped liver!!??"
  13. sfericean

R5 v1.5.1 is up

I downloaded 1.5.1 for the R6. The AF appears to be rock solid now. For me at least, on 1.5.0, the AF could never decide which eye it wanted to stick to. It would jump around like crazy. I'm not talking like hold 3-seconds then switch. It was like switch,switch,switch,swich, back and forth like...
  14. sfericean

Issues with the R5 1.5.0 firmware?

Ok good to know if I'm ever in a similar situation. Truth be told I took both my R6's back to 1.4. I didn't have any problems expressly, but that eye AF jumps around like crazy and I don't like it. Seems like 1.4 is just more stable.
  15. sfericean

Wow...what an absolute circus to revert. Well I'm happy it worked man.
  16. sfericean

Bro. Honestly so happy to hear you got your camera back to 1.4. I just wanted to say that before I watch the video. None of what was going on with your camera trying to roll back was making sense.
  17. sfericean

Canon R3 does not show 6k RAW or 4k HQ in the menu!!!

Not even in your yellow menus under card recording options?
  18. sfericean

Looks normal. See below from the video suggested above. Maybe I'm missing something? Granted he appears to be in PAL and you appear to be in NTSC.
  19. sfericean

You know I just thought of something. I would imagine the R3 is is similar to the 1DX Mark III. When you select Raw recording with proxy from your yellow menus it will change the options that you can access in the Red menus to select your video type. To select all options you need to make sure...
  20. sfericean

For whatever it's worth on my 1DX Mark III when I select RAW video with proxy recording on the second card, the high frame rate option is grayed out for me as well. See below. I have San Disk 512 cards so it's certainly not an issue of speed. But can you take a picture of the screen where you...