Search results

1. T

Canon EOS R5 Mark II Specification make the rounds

Eye Control AF? Total fail for me in the EOS3 and I have no doubt will be equally gimmicky and useless (for me!) in any camera body likely to appear in my lifetime. Terrible idea to put it into an R5II! It just doesn't work for too many people. Also don't be messing with button layout unless...
  2. T

Nikon Releases Z 800mm at 1/3 Cost of Canon’s

It's been about 20 years since I jumped from N to C. It was over the issue of stabilization in long lenses back then. I haven't regretted that decision at all . . . . until now. Doubt I will be dumping my C stuff but I am intrigued by the possibility of adding the 800PF and a Z9.
  3. T

5Ds Mark II and hate for mirrorless

" . . . people falling for it???" Combative, and stupid! You're a genius and the rest of us are "falling for it?" See much the same thing with ANY advance in tech. Some people just will not embrace and adapt change, quite regardless of how significant and advantageous it may be. Feel "proud"...
  4. T

Adobe reports record Q4 and fiscal 2020 revenue

OK, I was one of those who said "No way!" to subscription SW. It was a large nuisance having to learn new SW from scratch. But I did and, two years down the road, I'm content that I did. What I don't get is quite why so many seem think they just must stay with Adobe because somehow, "it's...
  5. T

Interview: Canon addresses overheating concerns, workarounds and the Cripple Hammer

Just another photographer here pretty sick of the whole issue and with no sympathy for those expecting (demanding?) Arri/Red video endurance from a hybrid camera. I never heard of EOSHD until this issue arose. Think the guy is a jerk and has made a total fool of himself! Take Canon to court over...
  6. T

DPReview: Canon EOS R5 and R6 overheating claims tested: cameras work as promised – but that’s not enough

Ahhhh . . . there is the rub. The "perfect" camera! With "no compromises . . ." Doesn't exist! Never has. Never will. But there are great choices of really fine cameras. All with their strengths and weaknesses. Looking forward to my R5. Might even play with 8K a bit . . . eventually . . ...
  7. T

DPReview: Canon EOS R5 and R6 overheating claims tested: cameras work as promised – but that’s not enough

What seems lost . . . These cameras really have no competition! The 12MP Sony? Really? That is NOT competition. That is a video-centric camera with a P&S MP count! As always, the market will decide. My R5 order remains firm. If I were doing contract wedding photography, and clients were...
  8. T

There will not be an EOS 5D Mark V [CR2]

Change is always hard. And a lot harder for some than others. I'm so old, I recall how some refused to accept those infernal mirror-slapping SLRs, insisting they'd never edge out their lighter and so much quieter rangefinders! I've taken to MLC like a duck to water! So many advantages. Find it...
  9. T

Here are the RF 600mm f/11 & RF 800mm f/11 super-telephoto lenses

I want to like these things. People seem intent on pointing out the obvious, i.e., they will not supplant the white supers. Of course they won't! This misses the point IMO. I've owned both the 600 f/4 L IS Canon and an older MF 800mm f5.6 Nikkor. So, I have more than a few years experience...
  10. T

Sooooo, f/11 you say? What’s Canon up to with these upcoming supertelephoto lenses?

I was unaware of this. Very interesting! Canon may well have more surprises in store for us! Thanks for the reply . . . and the link!
  11. T

Sooooo, f/11 you say? What’s Canon up to with these upcoming supertelephoto lenses?

What is that lens? You imply it is a mock up of a DO version of a 600 f/4? If so, why no green ring as opposed to an L red ring? How many years ago was this thing displayed? It is VERY interesting!
  12. T

I've hauled around the EF600 f/4 L IS on a Gitzo 410 with Wimberley head. No fun! No fun at all! Also an 800 f/5.6 Nikkor. Also no fun. I don't expect these new lenses to replace the aforementioned behemoths but I am excited to see how they pan out. And the new bodies do high ISO WAY better than...
  13. T

Canon EOS R6 IBIS in action

"Canon is yet again going to release a camera, noone has asked for" Who decides that? If the rumoured R5 has IBIS, 45MP and 1080/60, it is very much a camera I asked for. All the other rumoured specs are mere folderal AFAIAC. Now I need to know the price. Will I keep my R? Dunn'o. Likely it...
  14. T

Patent: Further breakdown of Canon’s upcoming IBIS technology

Many posts here are redolent of the period when Canon first introduced IS. I recall one forum poster who declared they'd never accept "wobbly bits" in their lenses! Another who said Nikon would never go beyond their first VR lens (a 100-400 IIRC?), years after Canon had IS across their entire...
  15. T

Here are the full Canon EOS R specifications

Same thing was said about IS lenses when Canon first introduced them! "Wobbly bits in lenses?" Terrible idea!," said the Nikon and Leica enthusiasts. Time will tell if IBIS is a particular Achilles' heel reliability-wise. As one who actually left Nikon over the IS issue when they lagged...
  16. T

Further Canon EOS R specifications [CR1]

No IBIS . . . no sale! I left Nikon over stabilization when they lagged Canon 15-20 years ago. Looks like I'll be leaving Canon over the same issue now. Bummer in that I think the Sony ergonomics suck but that's the way it is. Those declaring this a "Sony killer" apparently see things...