Search results

1. M

Canon RF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM on the way, as well as a second lens

thats fantastic kit lens! excellent range, fairly light and compact, and hopefully affordable. im jealous. wish sony/sigma/tamron would launch a similar lens for e-mount
  2. M

More information on the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III [CR2]

its easy to say "ive seen people do this". but like i said, you can do it but not for long periods of time. its not easy to shoot live view full time on cameras like 1DX and GFX especially with larger lenses.
  3. M

yeah its become common to shoot that way but with much smaller mirrorless cameras
  4. M

you can't use a tripod when you need to move around. a lot of action/sports photography requires you to move around (and react quickly to changing scenarios)
  5. M

the eye-af improvements via live view sounds amazing... but im thinking steadily holding the 1DX (and with a big lens) a few inches in front of you will strain your arms in a very short period of time.
  6. M

Further confirmation that the RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS & RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS are coming in September

the chances are very slim. but im happy to see canon prove me wrong.
  7. M

Further confirmation that the RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS & RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS are coming in September

only with longer lenses where IS proves effective. definitely not on the 15-35/2.8 & 24-70/2.8 focal lengths.
  8. M

the RF 15-35/2.8L & 24-70/2.8L are not exactly long lenses the RF 15-35/2.8L & 24-70/2.8L are not exactly long lenses. the chances of IBIS has grown dim.
  9. M

Canon's inclusion of IS in all their soon-to-be-announced lenses also means that Canon will not be doing IBIS anytime soon. Sad.
  10. M

Is SIGMA getting ready to announce their first RF mount lenses? [CR1]

i will hold my breath. sigma will most likely announce their RF counterparts in the far far future. reverse engineering is a very difficult challenge. even until now, sigma has not yet perfected their AFs for EF and F mounts. and is the market demand for RF enough to sustain their development costs?
  11. M

Is SIGMA getting ready to announce their first RF mount lenses? [CR1]

do not expect IS in these shorter focal lengths especially as most mirrorless brands already have IBIS. and historically, its canon that's been milking customers several times over with several iterations of the same lenses (just how many variations of 70-200 does canon have???).
  12. M

Patent: Canon to have three image stabilization systems working together

Canon bodies with IBIS? I'll believe it only when Canon launches it. Historically, Canon prefers to launch lenses with and without stabilization to keep customers upgrading lenses. It's all $$$ to them.
  13. M

Fujifilm thinks the Canon EF-M mount is the best in the business for ease of lens design

the tried and test canon EF mount has a 54mm diameter and is much larger than nikon's F mount and sony's E mount. correct me if I'm wrong, but canon's current EF mount is already more than capable even with the long flange distance. maybe canon should just continue using the current EF mount and...
  14. M

The Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM: The developers answer 10 questions

somewhat weird and awkward answers. how different is bokeh = close focusing and sharpness = cries of joy
  15. M

Rest well Canon EOS 7D series [CR2]

Canon should really release a version of their DSLRs with EVF and maybe with a more updated dual pixel sensor. and then call it a day. too many people love Canon DSLR ergonomics and are already heavily invested with EF lenses. bonus: replace the flippy mirror with an ND filter. i think a lot of...
  16. M

Canon RF 24mm f/1.2L & RF 85mm f/1.2L in the works [CR1]

fantastic news. canon's strength is in their ability to produce amazing lenses. focusing on f1.2 mirrorless lenses sounds like a very good strategy to me. sure its more expensive than a f1.4 but its still within the reach of professionals. its also definitely a bit heavier and bulkier but...
  17. M

Another Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L IS mention [CR2]

The 24-70/2.8 II should already have had IS a long time ago... sounds like Canon's way of milking more money.