Search results

1. E

There may be as many as three RF mount APS-C cameras on the horizon [CR1]

I sort of get the R7 being a spiritual 7D successor, but what would the model number be for the full-frame Canon RP replacement?
  2. E

Atomos brings 8K 30p ProRes RAW to the Canon EOS R5 with the Ninja V+

Apparently, from the product preorder pages: ProRes raw recording over HDMI up to 8K30 with cameras such as the Canon R5 (more camera integrations coming from mid-2021)
  3. E

Canon officially unveils the PowerShot Pick

Has Canon announced they are officially abandoning traditional PowerShot cameras? My parents are looking for a replacement for their PowerShot SD~~~~ (don't recall the number) that the lens got jammed on. They are not technical AT all, and don't have a smart phone (or internet for that...
  4. E

It looks like 2021 will be the last year for the EOS M lineup [CR2]

I would love to see an EOS M200 form factor -- understanding it would need to be a few millimeters taller to fit the RF lens. I would want to see it with flip out (instead of the M200's flip up) and a flush hot shoe, like the M6. This would fit nicely into a camera bag as a secondary camera...
  5. E

Rumors of a Canon EOS R5c and EOS R5s [CR1]

But, if you extend that distance on the focal plane (by inserting an adapter between the back of the lens and the sensor), pretty sure you can't use an RF lens -- unless the adaptor is also introducing another glass element to change the focal point. What is that going to do to the image...
  6. E

Rumors of a Canon EOS R5c and EOS R5s [CR1]

I am pretty sure the high resolution "R5s" camera is coming, that one has been rumored for a while and makes a lot of sense for studio shooting, landscapes, etc. But, I don't see the purpose of a dumbed down video-focused "R5c" camera if the video resolution specs are lower? What, just to get...
  7. E

Industry News: GoPro announces the HERO9 Black

I will likely be upgrading with the $100 off trade in program from my Hero Black 6. But just like my planned upgrade from the 5D III to the R5, going to hold on the purchase until there is a return to some sense of normalcy and I am traveling again. No need for new gear looking at the same...
  8. E

What’s next for the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6?

I honestly don't know if the overheating would ever effect me. I am primarily a still shooter that also shoots some occasional video when traveling, etc. Most of my clips don't exceed 8 to 10 minutes. But, I guess it would be nice to know that longer clips were a possibility if I needed...
  9. E

Patent: Active cooling adapter for the RF mount

Being this was patented in October, not sure this was targeted with the R5 in mind (also considering it doesn't work with RF glass). However, for the EOS Ra, the cooling could reduce the noise in astrophotography images. I am guessing most telescope mount adapters are EF mount.
  10. E

Canon releases an official statement about the EOS R5 and EOS R6 heat concerns

You do realize that an SD Card is not capable of ingesting 8K RAW or 4K 120 footage, right? The solution would be dual CF Express cards. Then people would complain that you needed to drop so much money on storage. Perhaps on the 1DX mirrorless replacement, but this is not the camera for that.
  11. E

Very cool! It is definitely a niche use case, but would love to see the output.
  12. E

I know! Not one other manufacturer of an 8K full frame mirrorless camera has this problem! Oh, because they don't have the camera offering to begin with.
  13. E

Sure, we would all love to boast that we can shoot TBs of 8K footage non-stop. But... reality: 1.) Your CF Express card is going to limit the footage you can record anyway. Outside of Delkin's recently announced 2TB card, the cards currently are limited to 1TB and cost around $1000/each...
  14. E

8K recording options for the Canon EOS R5 leak

No, pretty sure Canon was quoted that 8K and 4K are available uncropped in all modes.
  15. E

Also curious if the 21:31 limit is storage capacity limit or an artificial limit. I.E. if you had one of the recently announced 2TB CFExpress cards would it increase beyond that 21:31?
  16. E

Also curious if the 21:31 is a storage space limit, or an artificial limit? Ahh, makes sense. Obviously have not had my coffee yet this morning. :)
  17. E

"8K 30p and 4K 120p will not have a crop." In the screenshot, 8K-D doesn't show 30fps as an option? Are we sure it shoots 8K RAW 30fps, or only 24/25fps?
  18. E

Canon announces development of the EOS R5 full-frame mirrorless camera

I was hoping they would have a delivery date and a little more specs listed. I have a trip to Japan scheduled for the end of May and was wishfully hoping they were going to announce it with April delivery date or something. *sigh*. Guess my 5D Mark III will be my camera for that trip and I...
  19. E

Canon releases security firmware updates for multiple Canon DSLRs

Canon R update comes September 26th.
  20. E

A bit more about the upcoming Canon Cinema EOS C500 Mark II

Well, I am not sure why you would be using this to shoot 1080p? I mean use a darn M50 and save yourself $19,500. But yeah, guessing it will shoot 4K 24fps.