Search results

1. J

Canon executives address third-party RF future

Canon did not spend a ton of money making a new mount that is the old mount just a couple of mm larger. Every thing about the mount is incremental not revolutionary. The lens designs themselves they spent some money on and the bodies they spent some money on. But the 3rd parties don't want to...
  2. J

The next full-frame RF mount camera will be a replacement for the Canon EOS R

How do you determine how many clicks it has?
  3. J

Canon to finally bring a successor to the Cinema EOS C200

When does the new C300 come out?
  4. J

A Canon EOS R7 C is on the way, but not in 2022 [CR3]

I'm just going to keep using my Sigma EF & EF-S lenses with the adapter..
  5. J

A Canon EOS R7 C is on the way, but not in 2022 [CR3]

The lack of ALL-I in the R7 kind of killed it for me. If they do give it raw and the ability to jam time code it would be very hard to say no to. I would rather have down sampled 6K than 7K up converted to 8K. And give us a modern memory card slot.
  6. J

Canon is gearing up to finally release a high megapixel camera with 100+ megapixels [CR3]

I am sure there are some people that would take a $10,000 camera out in the wild to shoot birds. But with a massive recession coming on I am not sure there will be that many.
  7. J

Canon EOS R7 specifications [CR3]

When you use a crop sensor you use the multiplier (1.6) on both focal length and aperture. You use the square of the aperture for noise.
  8. J

v90 cards can't even keep up with 4K@24. SDex will run in backward comparability mode if the camera doesn't support SDex which these specs seem to indicate it doesn't. It also isn't just an issue of how fast you can write but also how fast you can get the data off. If it had a CFex slot it...
  9. J

Would have liked to have a modern card slot.
  10. J

Unconfirmed Canon EOS R7 Specifications [CR1]

I don't think 90D has a BSI sensor. R5 rather than R6 interface please. If the 4K is real and not an up convert and there are no insane crops for the video and has IAF I would be very interested in this camera.
  11. J

That’s all folks, for me anyway. Canon Rumors will live on.

I am really sorry to hear that Craig. I have never known you to do any thing other than deliver the best info you had available and don't remember you attacking any one ever. It is is truly horrible when information it's self has been weaponized to the degree it has. I respect you putting...
  12. J

Maybe we have already talked about the Cinema EOS C5, when it was the Cinema EOS C50?

I follow the state of what they are doing with UE quite closely. I think you underestimate the limitations and costs of building those studios and what goes into the design and programming of the content. Then if you are going to have real actors you still have to shoot it. UE definitely has...
  13. J

Maybe we have already talked about the Cinema EOS C5, when it was the Cinema EOS C50?

Except it would only be available when shooting 720@30 with a crop, because ... Canon Having said that I think CR might be onto some thing here.
  14. J

Coming firmware for Canon Cinema EOS C70 to have internal 12-bit Cinema RAW Light

No one knows what this new RAW format is so it is hard to say if it is true RAW or not.
  15. J

Coming firmware for Canon Cinema EOS C70 to have internal 12-bit Cinema RAW Light

The same way BRAW is I suspect. People say BRAW isn't real RAW, I am not sure what the basis for that is, but it gives me every thing want from RAW so I don't care.
  16. J

More than just the Canon EOS R5C will be announced on January 19, 2022

That is like saying that if Angénieux bundled the Ronin 3D focus system with their lenses they were now making auto focus lenses. Ya, OK, sure. But that is one heck of a stretching of what an autofocus lens is.
  17. J

More than just the Canon EOS R5C will be announced on January 19, 2022

You will never see AF in cine lenses. The internals are all wrong and you can't do AF over PL mount.. If you want AF they will continue to expect you to strap a photo lens to the front.
  18. J

Darktable now supports Canon’s CR3 in v3.8.0, which is available now

Copyright in code is the same as it is in text. If it isn't extremely similar the it isn't copying. Just because what it does is similar is not the same as it's code being the same. Clean room implementations of code are done all the time and are accepted even in the US. That just leaves us...