Search results

1. G

The Canon EOS R3 will eliminate “Lag” and “Blackout” for stills shooters

Very excited about the R3 and about what Canon can bring to the table! The R5 and R6 are amazing and I’m so glad I stuck with the brand :) I saw many comments regarding battery life on the new cameras, so I have a tip: if you are doing work which does not require extremely low latency (see...
  2. G

The New Canon EOS R6 firmware v1.3.0 has been pulled globally

Wow! I just got my R6 yesterday, updated the firmware. Thank god I didn’t use Crop mode with the high frame rates/resolution while testing, because I would have been absolutely pissed if the camera locked on me!! I guess it’s better to wait a while to use it extensively
  3. G

SIGMA announces the “SIGMA fp L,” the world’s smallest and lightest* single-lens mirrorless camera

This is another example of a very bizzarre camera that could have some interesting applications with its size and customizability. Although I will selfishly say that I wish they gave all their R&D power to make RF lenses, so that I can get great quality at an affordable price
  4. G

Patent: Touch panel on camera lenses

Is there any source pointing at new lenses being launched soon? I am really looking forward to a 14-35 to 16-35 f4 IS lens, and I really want to fully move to RF (avoiding spending 2800€ for the 2.8) I can’t wait for Sigma and the others to also get in the game
  5. G

Canon cameras that I’m told are coming in 2021

Yeah, I’ve also seen many comparisons showing how little difference there actually is between the 1DXIII (and R6) sensor and that of the RP and R (in terms of resolution alone), it’s really a non-issue, but psychologically it has its weight, for some weird reason. I can’t wait for Canon to bring...
  6. G

I’m with you on the reluctance of losing 1/3 of the resolution of the R. In my dreams, they would justify the lower price with a lower speed (8-10 fps), but it’s pretty evident that they just won’t do it. Maybe they could stop at 4k30 (maybe downsized from 6k like the A7III does, with 24mp) and...
  7. G

Yep to be honest I agree with you, I believe the R6 really has such a nice feature set. I’m just a bit annoyed that I mostly shoot landscapes (for travel purposes) and a bit of portraiture and dropping from the 30mp of the R to the 20 of the R6 makes me a little afraid of losing details...
  8. G

I would really love to have a Camera that mixes the EOS R and R6: give it the new sensor tech, IBIS and dual slots, autofocus. Reduce the number of FPS to 8-10 max. FF4k and 1080p 120. Megapixel count can be in between 20 and 30, just to have a little more room for cropping than 20mp and to...
  9. G

This is the Canon RF lens roadmap

Really interested in the 14-35! I love wide angles but I believe they need to be a little flexible sometimes, so a zoom lens is best. Of course, if money wasn’t a problem, the 2.8 would be amazing (low light shooting and such), but I guess it’s going to be at least 1000-1200$ more expensive than...
  10. G

Stock Notice: Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM at Adorama

Thank you, that was something I was considering, I just have to understand how big the 100-500 is in order to plan the space in my bag vs the 70-200.. the 85mm 1.4 from Samyang is very affordable and could serve the purpose of portraits and low light scenarios I’ll keep reading feedback and then...
  11. G

Thanks for the reply! I asked because I already know for sure that I will need either a 15-35 f2.8 or a 15-35 f4 when it comes out, as I don’t have a proper wide angle for the R Mount yet and i love their look. I’m trying to achieve highest flexibility with least amount of gear. The 2.8 comes...
  12. G

This or the 70-200 for someone that does a bit of everything, but mostly travel and landscape? Thanks for any insight!
  13. G

The Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM announcement draws closer

Although I like the internal zoom in my 70-200 f4 IS, I wonder if they'll do an extending RF 70-200 f4 IS... Portability and quality are key to me
  14. G

Canon EOS R5 firmware update coming soon, RAW light to be added? [CR2]

I will support another commenter by saying that you should try CRAW. Numerous tests show that the raw files between RAW and CRAW are identical in degree of manipulation in photo editing tools and give the same sharpness and colors. The only differences can be seen when pushing shadows a lot at...
  15. G

Here are the Canon BG-R10 Battery Grip, Canon WFT-R10 Wifi Grip & LP-E6NH Battery

Really happy that the battery is backwards compatible, might get one for the EOS R to get some extra juice and replace one of my very old ones!
  16. G

Here are the specifications for the Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM

Still debating whether it’s better to go only to 200 but be at 2.8, or have this great, great zoom range Very interesting lens I’d love to try on my R!
  17. G

Here are the RF 600mm f/11 & RF 800mm f/11 super-telephoto lenses

So that was what they had hidden in their sleeves.. a retractable design that makes these lenses much more portable. This makes the f/11 more believable. I wonder how many people would buy them. I’d like to try them out once, even just for some fun
  18. G

Here are the specifications for the Canon RF 85mm f/2 IS STM Macro

Very interesting. One thing I often thought is that the beautiful rendition of 85mm would be even cooler if they could just focus a little closer. I will be considering either this or the Samyang 1.4... the former for versatility, the second for pure portraiture
  19. G

There are still surprises in store for the Canon EOS R5 announcement [CR2]

No idea about what this could be! Maybe some claims on higher DR that matched some of the other modern sensors? Although that would apply to video as well
  20. G

Further clarification of what will be announced by Canon next month

I’m most curious about the 85mm (to compare f2 but macro and IS vs the Samyang 1.4) and... THE BATTERIES! I really hope the new extra capacity battery can be adapted to the original R, because battery life is one of my main gripes with it!