Search results

1. P

Save those pennies! A Canon EF 1200mm f/5.6L USM is coming up for auction

Lol I had an EOS 5 at the time to!
  2. P

Save those pennies! A Canon EF 1200mm f/5.6L USM is coming up for auction

I got a chance to play with it many years ago as well you’re right it is slow to focus and it had to be set up on a massive video tripod so with the lens and tripod combined you aren’t taking it far without a pickup truck.
  3. P

Here is the Canon EOS R3

Yep eye control focus was just a sales gimmick and not practical at all.
  4. P

Here is the Canon EOS R3

That’s exactly right, I was selling camera gear at that time and the 3 was definitely in between the 5 and the 1 not a replacement for the 5. Also the product cycle for high end models back then was normally at least 10 years. Side note I had the EOS 5 and I friggin loved that camera, when the 3...
  5. P

Here is the Canon EOS R3

So bigger battery? I hope so.
  6. P

Here is the Canon EOS R3

That’s definitely a real possibility.
  7. P

Here is the Canon EOS R3

The 3 is back baby!
  8. P

Rumors of a Canon EOS R5c and EOS R5s [CR1]

Love your Profile pic, did you draw/digitally paint that yourself? If so awesome skills bud!
  9. P

These are a few of the RF lenses coming in 2021 [CR2]

I completely agree, people seem to forget about EF lenses and how recent certain lenses have been released. Besides that the amount of RF lenses that have been released already in such a short time is very impressive and there’s a heap more being released in the near future to. People stating...
  10. P

To keep consistency with what has been released and what’s rumoured to be released ( 35 1.8 macro, 50 1.8 and 85 f2 macro) I think there will be a full line of midrange F1.8-F2 primes starting at about 20mm and going to 105mm all with macro and IS except the 50mm. These won’t be the smallest...
  11. P

I’m thinking the 18-45 will be an affordable Vlogging lens.
  12. P

I think macro is just going to be a feature of their 1.8 line of lenses except the 50mm because that will be made to be as cheap as possible.
  13. P

This is likely Canon’s lens roadmap for 2020

Yep the only thing I would shoot a ibis with has a barrel attached to it!
  14. P

This is likely Canon’s lens roadmap for 2020

Gear bragging post! ;-)
  15. P

The Canon EOS R5 and EOS R6 will be announced in the first few days of July

Canon finally have a camera to hype! Yay!
  16. P

A Canon RF 100mm f/2L IS USM Macro gets a mention [CR1]

To be fare the RF 1.2s did have something extra Over the ef versions, they are sharp as hell at 1.2
  17. P

Canon confirms that the EOS R5 is the 5D series equivalent for mirrorless

I love a good T90 reference!
  18. P

Are these the 7 RF lenses Canon will be announcing in 2020? [CR1]

Yeah I think the 70-135 F2 will be the way to go. The reason I went the 1.2 primes when I changed over to the RF system was because I thought the bigger point of difference with aperture and sharpness over your average Joe or smart phone will probably be better in the future. But I actually...
  19. P

I think you have confirmed what I’ve been thinking and I’m going to sell my primes and get the F2 zoom. It’s the first time I’ve had mostly primes and I’m really missing the flexibility of zooms. Question what are your thoughts on the coming 70-135 F2 vs RF 70-200 2.8 for portrait work?
  20. P

Yeah I’m actually debating whether to keep my 1.2 primes or sell them to buy the F2 zooms. I use to have 2.8 zooms and do miss their versatility, really tough decision. Initially I thought the 28-70 F2 was to big and heavy but after having the 85 1.2 I don’t thing the extra size and weight will...