Search results

1. G

A new RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM is coming

Same... mostly. The fact that you can't use an extender on the RF version kept me from buying it for a LONG time. And I get that some people don't like the placement of the rings, especially coming from the EF version. I'm still getting used to it, and the zoom feels a lot stickier and hard to...
  2. G

Canon EOS R6 Mark II in stock at B&H Photo

Same happened to me, not sure what caused it, hoped it was just a momentary thing!
  3. G

Canon EOS R6 Mark II in stock at B&H Photo

Got mine yesterday, took it out to a shoot almost immediately. Definitely some quirks and some unexpected elements (the graphical depictions switching between modes was kinda startling), but shot about 1000 frames at a concert, both mechanical and electronic shutter, and it is SO much better...
  4. G

The Canon EOS R6 Mark II will be announced on November 2, 2022

Was just about to pull the trigger on a refurbed R6 to replace my original R. If this thing is actually coming out at $2499... no brainer to get the R6II for $200 more.
  5. G

Stock Notice: Refurbished Canon RF 28-70mm f/2L USM

I "completed" an order for a refurb version of this lens in... December 2020. Still listed as "backordered." I just assume I'll never get it. Last time I tried to call to cancel it the wait time was over two hours.
  6. G

Canon to Fix ‘R5 Freeze’ Issue in Firmware

I was using two different Canon adapters, one with the control ring and one without, on both an R5 and an R. It was the 24-70L ii. Eventually the problem just went away, but it persisted for a couple weeks. Not sure what happened or what changed to make it stop. Of course, this was after I...
  7. G

OpticalLimits reviews the Canon EOS RF 16mm F2.8 STM

I've been using this lens for concert photography, and it has been a fantastic replacement to my Tokina 11-16mm, which I could only use as a 15-16mm anyway since it's an EF-S lens. But this 16mm is so small that I never have to think twice about bringing it, and it's fantastic at getting...
  8. G

Canon to Fix ‘R5 Freeze’ Issue in Firmware

My R5 and R would freeze every time I zoomed with my 24-70 EF lens. The lens still works fine on my 5D, but shuts the R5 down completely and I have to pop the battery out. Wonder if this will fix that.
  9. G

Review: Canon RF 16mm f/2.8 STM by Christopher Frost

This was the first lens I ever pre-ordered as soon as it was available and didn't think twice. Got it last week and took it to a concert, and I am pretty pleased. I've been using a Tokina 11-16 2.8 for about 10 years now, even as I moved to full frame and could only use it as a 16mm prime for...
  10. G

Here is the Canon RF 100-400mm f/5.6-8 IS USM

I'm having similar dilemmas with the RF lenses. I bought two (well, the 28-70 2.0 is still on backorder), and the one i use is, surprisingly, the 24-240. As long as it's daytime, I've found that to be a really capable lens. But i hate that the 70-200 isn't compatible with the TC. I use the EF...
  11. G

Here is the Canon RF 16mm f/2.8 STM

Great, if true. I know 16mm is weird for a prime lens, but the wide angle I've been using, the Tokina 11-16 2.8, which I've used across my last six camera bodies, is essentially a prime at 16 since it's an EF-S mount and I moved to full frame four cameras ago. So I am extra pleased at the small...
  12. G

Canon will announce the RF 16mm f/2.8 and RF 100-400mm next

Really hope the non-L status of the 16mm 2.8 will make it somewhat affordable. Still using my EF-S mount Tokina 11-16 2.8, which I do quite like, but I can only use it at 16mm on the R5 so if there's an RF at 16 and somewhere near $500 I will be all over that.
  13. G

The Canon EOS R3 will eliminate “Lag” and “Blackout” for stills shooters

I have definitely noticed the battery life shortcomings of the R5. Whenever I used to read about the battery life on the 5D or the original R, I couldn't understand why the reviewers or even Canon's stated battery life was so far below what I was getting. I could shoot all day with one battery...
  14. G

Stock Notice: Canon RF 28-70mm f/2L USM

I am selfishly hoping that some of these in-stock lenses are bad, so they get returned and repaired and my order for a refurbished version from December FINALLY ships...
  15. G

Canon USA restocks inventory of RF mount refurbished lenses

Damn, I wonder how many people are ahead of me in the queue for the refurbed 28-70. I was hemming and hawing for months. If I'd known how long it would take I would've ordered way before December. And yeah, wanted to change my credit card on the purchase, and after an hour wait on the phone they...
  16. G

Canon USA restocks inventory of RF mount refurbished lenses

Outside of my R5, I think almost every piece of gear I've bought in the last ten years was from the refurbished site. Never had a problem with bodies or lenses. Now if I could just get that refurbished 28-70 2.0 I ordered in December to ship...
  17. G

Canon USA restocks their refurbished store with popular RF and EF lenses

I've had the 28-70 2.0 on back order since December... and that one's not even listed as being in stock. I'm never going to get that lens.
  18. G

Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM officially discontinued

I hadn't used this lens in a long time, until the EOS webcam app came around, and now it's my go-to lens for Zoom calls. On my 5D IV, which I also hadn't used in some time.
  19. G

Patent: RF prime lenses including an RF 24mm f/1.4L USM and RF 50mm f/1.4 USM

My thoughts exactly. I was going to buy the RF 50 1.8, but I will definitely wait to replace my EF 50 1.4. It's a lens I need most in low light situations, but unfortunately it's terrible at AF in low light situations. If they can keep the size the same as the EF version, it'll definitely be my...
  20. G

The Canon USA Store restocks select refurbished RF lenses

I've bought nearly all my gear refurbished from Canon except for my last two R and R5 bodies, never had a problem, and the prices were great. So this is a bit... disappointing. But seeing as i don't NEED the lens I ordered, I suppose I can wait if it means I got almost $700 off on the 24-70 2.0...