Search results

1. M

Further clarification of what will be announced by Canon next month

WTF? Where are the 50 and 85 lenses? If they aren't announced and released by Oct, Im switching back to Sony. Its ridiculous its taking this long to release affordable RF primes.
  2. M

Two new EOS R bodies coming in the first half of 2020 [CR3]

I think this means the specs for the high megapixel R and the R Mark II were not correct and that Canon is "stepping it up" with more features. That probably means we can expect to see things like IBIS, dual card slots and some of the video features from the 1DX III, like uncropped 4k 60p...
  3. M

Another mention of a 70+ megapixel EOS R camera

They dominated the DSLR space by catering to people who like dirt cheap cameras. Hardly anything to brag about.
  4. M

Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM coming May 9, 2019

A $60 grip takes care of the ergo problems for people with banana hands who like giant cameras and with 3 pages of favorites, The whole "confusing menu" thing is for dumb people.
  5. M

Firmware: Canon EOS R v1.2.0 available for download

Is eye tracking anywhere close to Sony level yet? Does it work without having to be right on top of your subject?
  6. M

Canon executives say a lot more coming in 2019

Keep dreaming. Maybe 2021 if you're lucky. Sony should have at least one well before the end of the year....
  7. M

That was 30 years ago when cameras were released at a snails pace and Canon was first in everything. Its not 1989 any longer and its this type of thinking that has Canon trailing WAY behind Sony in everything.
  8. M

Yea, I mean Canon has only had what? FIVE YEARS of watching Sony? Embarrassing they took so long to get into FF mirrorless and they were still not ready.
  9. M

Big Canon EOS R price drop, save up to $500 and still get the EF-RF adapter for free

This isn't DSLR land anymore. Canon doesn't have the dirt cheap and insanely popular Rebel series to bail them out in mirrorless. Thats the ONLY reason they had that huge marketshare, they dominated the cheap camera space where every soccer mom and grandparents taking pics of their kids could...
  10. M

The 6Dii was a turd and the 5Ds was such a niche camera aimed at such a small number of shooters that hardly anyone bought it. Those are the first two mirrorless versions you want to make? Really? Not a mirrorless 5DIV or 1DxII which are much better cameras and much better sellers? Pure...
  11. M

So the EOS R was Canon's answer to the a7iii and we won't be seeing a REAL pro body? Just a budget turd and a 75 MP camera thats sure to cost over $4k that no one is asking for or wants? The 5Ds sold next to nothing. What makes Canon think a mirrorless version of it will sell any better? Where...
  12. M

Canon EOS RP Specifications & Images

I did just that over last summer after 15 years shooting Canon and thinking the R was a complete joke. Bought an a7iii and haven't looked back, you should do the same. Canon has proven to be inept when it comes to sensor tech, AF and FF mirrorless cameras in general.
  13. M

Canon EOS RP Specifications [CR1]

So a 2019 camera with the specs and sensor quality a 2014 Sony A7 but for $1600? lol. You can get a new a7 for $798 right now. I miss the old Canon who knew what they were doing. Oh how the mighty have fallen.
  14. M

Canon EOS R body with more than 75mp on the horizon [CR2]

Said it before and I'll say it again. Anyone thinking Canon can compete with the Sony a9 is dreaming. They dont have anywhere near the sensor capabilities to produce a camera like that.
  15. M

Canon to use a Sony image sensor in an upcoming APS-C ILC body? [CR1]

Canon is obviously lacking in mirrorless tech, especially in sensor speed. Would be great if Canon just focused on their DSLRs and making lenses for Sony and then Sony made sensors for Canon's mirrorless cameras. That would be the best of both worlds.
  16. M

Full frame mirrorless market share: Canon already has 22% of the market in Japan

Its Japan, no one cares about Japan except the Japanese lol. Hows it selling in the US? B&H , Adorama and everyone else couldn't keep the a7iii in stock up until a few weeks ago. The EOS R has been out for a month and it hasn't even hit low stock...
  17. M

Real world review: Canon EOS R by Fro

Good points and I agree the EOS R feels rushed, I think they were caught off guard by the Nikon release and weren't planning on releasing theirs until next year. However. still no excuse for it to be lacking so many features the competition has for hundreds of dollars less. I dont think Canon...
  18. M

More waiting for reasonably priced RF lenses, more waiting for a real FF camera,,,its about to be 2019. How long are canon users supposed to wait? No wonder so many have switched to other systems. Its going to be at least another 2 years before Canon has a decent RF lineup and a quality body...
  19. M

So you're going to spend $2300 on a brand new mirrorless to shoot with old and inferior EF lenses designed for DSLR cameras? Great idea.
  20. M

Thanks but I dont want or need 3 pound $3k lenses. The pricing, size and wight is completely absurd. Unlike the R, Sony users are not limited to only Sony lenses. Tons of great lenses from Zeiss, Sigma, Tamron and others. Canon has foolishly made the R a closed system to 3rd party lens...