Search results

1. D

Industry News: Sony Introduces the High-resolution A7R IV with World’s First 61.0 MP Back-illuminated, Full-frame Image Sensor

OMG! Canon Rumors is trolling themselves with Sony announcements! Have they become paid shills for Sony? Ask 'Aussie Shooter'...only he knows for sure. On a more serious note, where are the Canon engineers? What are they doing? Why is Canon not on the leading edge as they have been for...
  2. D

Here’s a list of rumoured and predicted cameras coming from Canon in the next year

As much as I hate to say it, but for a working pro who spends 60% of his shooting time in inclement weather, and given the specs for the recently announced Sony a7RIV...Yeah. Since 1982, I've had to retire well over a dozen bodies due to weather (snow, ice, water, sand) damage. For me, a...
  3. D

Here’s a list of rumoured and predicted cameras coming from Canon in the next year

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III I'm all onboard for the 1D X III. Despite transitioning to the Sony a9 for motor racing events, nothing beats the 1D X for wildlife, especially when the weather and conditions are cold, wet, and nasty or hot and dusty. Read: Svalbard, North Slope, Namibia. I've...
  4. D

Canon’s EOS-1D X Mark II equivalent mirrorless is coming sooner than originally thought [CR1]

I always believed they taught people how to read in Australia. This thread is NOT about a future 1dx3, but about "Canon’s EOS-1D X Mark II equivalent mirrorless is coming sooner than originally thought" which would be, I expect, an R body. My post was simply to state an opinion for my...
  5. D

Canon’s EOS-1D X Mark II equivalent mirrorless is coming sooner than originally thought [CR1]

I used Sony with Metabones adapters when I was using Canon and Sigma glass. I also have a large stable of Sony glass, and finally they are coming out with long glass. Yes, the Sonys with the Metabones are not the same as a Canon with the same lines used natively, but they are damned close...
  6. D

No, you bloody idiot, I am NOT another paid Sony troll. I have been using Canon equipment since 1983...probably before you were born or while you were still on your mother's hind tit...and I still have, and use, my F1 from 1985. I have invested more money in Canon equipment over the years than...
  7. D

While I truly laud Canon for getting into a pro-body mirrorless system, for me, it is too little, too late. As a working pro with a huge investment in EF L glass and 1D bodies (including the 1D XII), I added the Sony Alpha system in 2015 after finding the EF-M system only suitable for...
  8. D

The future of the Canon EOS-1D X series [CR1]

The R system is also an EOS system. I think you meant EF being replaced by R. Nevertheless, where did you get that Idea? EF bodies and glass is not going anywhere anytime soon. As much as I love my Sony a9, I will grab the 1D X Mk III as soon as it hits the streets. As another poster said...
  9. D

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III field testing has begun [CR2]

Sorry, I made no such assumptions. In fact, I do not believe, as I clearly inferred in my last paragraph, that mirrorless will completely supplant the DSLR. I simply stated that I would love to see a mirrorless R body functionally equivalent to my 1D X, 1D X MkII, or the forthcoming(?) MKIII...
  10. D

Actually, that's not completely true. If it was, we'd still be driving around in Ford Model Ts. Industry innovates, oft times based on research breakthroughs or on sheer speculation (along with some educated guesses), and then the market either accepts or rejects. I do agree that the market...
  11. D

I take it your first statement was sarcasm. However, your second statement is simply untrue. The bioanalytical instrumentation systems market uses image sensors across the entire IVD process.
  12. D

I like this idea as I always carry more than one body and multiple lenses. An RX body equivalent to the 1D X MkII (or even the 1D X) with an EF to RF adapter offering no performance loss would be dynamite. Fast shooting (though perhaps not the 20fps the a9 can produce), high dynamic range...
  13. D

Clearly, you haven't looked through the electronic viewfinder of the Sony a7RIII or a9. They are as good if not better—especially with very long glass— as any optical viewfinder from Canon, including the 1D X Mk II.
  14. D

I've been a Canon shooter since 1983 (and still own my old 1984 F-1 New). The X-bodies are the ultimate sports/wildlife photography instrument. As much as I adore my smaller stable of Sony alphas (including the fabulous a9), I always look forward to the next X. That being said, I was...
  15. D

Is the Canon EOS RP the next camera up?

A remedial reading course might be in the offering for you. Your first link collected NO DATA whatsoever on Sony or Fuji. Your second link starts off with "Now Sony holds just 67% percent of the market." Just 67%? Sounds like the majority of the market to me, unless you're operating on a...
  16. D

Do you understand what the meaning of the word "might" is? It's a chance, not a certainty. On the other hand, look at the market share Sony now has—they've outsold Nikon in all areas and trumped Canon in all categories save for pro-bodies. Check Gartner Group research and then back to us with...
  17. D

Agreed. The suite of RF lenses needs to be on par with the EF line or there be signs of that coming in short time (<1 yr). Sales numbers aside, I never said that 5D bodies weren't pro bodies; I have a 5D Mk III and 5DSR which I use frequently. (The 5DSR rivals my a7RIII for portraiture...
  18. D

Never said "...pros were in a rush for it...", you inferred that without reading the entire sentence and not knowing the facts. In fact, pros, such as Geoff Ross, Colby Brown, Suzy Pratt, Francisco Hernandez, and myself, have been shifting to Sonys' pro (read: a9) mirrorless bodies. So too...
  19. D

Where is the 1D X equivalent? Pros are never going to give up the 1D X bodies for the R body unless and until there is a pro body in the lineup. Canon might be doomed indeed.
  20. D

Canon EOS R body with more than 75mp on the horizon [CR2]

Let us hope that an R-body replacement for the 5DSR will at least be a professional body (e.g., 5D or 1D) and not the amateur offering the current R body is.