Search results

1. S

A higher end EOS M body is in the pipeline [CR1]

I just finished selling all my M cameras, glass and adapters and have moved to RF ... and as much as I've loved the M line over the years, if I'm going to have a 2nd lens system for APS-C it's probably gonna be Fuji. That is, unless it's an M5 mk ii with, among other things, dual cards and a...
  2. S

Two new EOS M camera bodies coming in the second half of 2020 [CR2]

I still love my M5. All I really want out of M52 is 1080/120 with autofocus... I also remain interested in a constant f/4 kit lens ...
  3. S

Crazy CPS Point Values

My 1D mark IV is actually ZERO points. Old, but still a 1 series body. My v1 24mm 1.4 is ZERO points, but my ef-s 10-22 is with 8. Definitely puzzling.
  4. S

Big price drops on the EOS 5D Mark IV, EOS R and more

I sold a 7D2 and some other glass & accessories over the weekend and I'm about to jump on the R at this price! I've not decided if I should get the control ring adapter or the drop-in filter one.
  5. S

SIGMA again announces EF-M lenses, and mount conversion service

Also, their telephoto lenses for their APSC mirrorless are not at all designed with small form factor, as far as I see.
  6. S

Yea, I dumped the 1.4 for the 1.8 STM and I use it with the standard adapter and with the speedster. Much better lens.
  7. S

Agreed. It seems you can have a bright aperture or a compact lens. The 70-200 f4 adapted is not ridiculously large, but the fe-m 55-200 is absolutely tiny comparatively. I've made quite a few trips with the 55-200 and 22mm and never really felt I compromised.
  8. S

The 16mm is interesting, even though it's right in the middle of my 22/2 and Samyang 12/2 ... so not really needed. The 56mm is the most exciting for me. I had sworn off buying any more lenses native to the mount, but this could be a nice portrait prime for the system, depending on price/size.
  9. S

Deal: Canon EOS RP body & mount adapter $1046 (Reg $1299)

Does the RP have c-log? If so, I might have to jump on this. I have really enjoyed log after having the R from CPS a few times ....
  10. S

Canon EOS M200 coming soon

What I would really love for this system is a wide angle prime. Something like the Samyang 12mm f2 but with STM AF ...
  11. S

Canon announcements coming at the end of August [CR2]

As much as I would love an M52, if one camera is coming to replace both the M5 and the M6, I worry it will be like the G5/G7 updates, with no viewfinder or a pop-up. Having the dedicated EVF on the M5 is really great. For me, if the 90D has at least 10fps burst, touchscreen and dual cards, I...
  12. S

SIGMA announces three DC DN prime lenses for the EF-M mount

Something like the M5 and certainly an M5ii are robust and versatile enough to fit many use cases not just limited to "hiking and travel" ... I see the native ef-M lenses, particularly the 18-150 and 55-200 as ideal for that type of use case. M6 and the 55-200 is a dream for travel and I love...
  13. S

SIGMA announces three DC DN prime lenses for the EF-M mount

Awesome! I'll definitely be getting the 56, and the 16 is super interesting as well.
  14. S

Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II Specifications

For me, they removed the main features that made me prefer the G5X over the G7X2 ... the built-in EVF and side-flip screen. Definitely a no-go for me, as I don't care for the pop-up EVF at all ... but no problem. As someone else already said ... m50+kit lens looks pretty good, especially with...
  15. S

Canon working on another f/2 zoom lens for the RF mount [CR1]

50-100 f/2 on full frame would be awesome
  16. S

Canon EOS 90D Specification List [CR1]

If the 120fps/1080 turns out true, I'll pre-order.
  17. S

Is the EOS 7D Mark II the last in the 7D series? We’re told that it is [CR1]

So the 90D will have 2 card slots and weather sealing?
  18. S

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III field testing has begun [CR2]

Interesting ... well at least there should be some action on the used market as people sell to upgrade.
  19. S

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III field testing has begun [CR2]

Maybe after the announcement (whenever it is) 1DX2 prices will drop to where I can afford one!