Search results

1. M

Delays seem to be the name of the game for 2021

Indeed. In the day, I bought the EF-S 17-55 IS USM as the walk around lens for my 7D. I briefly considered the 15-85, but it has inferior optics. There certainly wasn't any equivalent L glass for an APS-C sensor.
  2. M

There may be a higher-end APS-C mirrorless announced in late 2020, early 2021 [CR2]

Well, maybe this will save me from choosing between the R5 (a bit too expensive) and R6 (too small pixel density for wildlife and aviation, inferior weather sealing) as a replacement to my 7D. I was looking for a 7D mkIII, but a R7 looks to be a better choice.
  3. M

Two new EOS M cameras rumoured to be coming in 2020 [CR1]

Particularly the 7D. I skipped the 7D mark II and am looking to replace my well worn 7D with something more modern.
  4. M

A couple of EOS R cameras that can be considered “pro” are in the pipeline [CR1]

A 7D frame rate capable R Pro body. That's what I'm waiting for!
  5. M

Is the EOS 7D Mark II the last in the 7D series? We’re told that it is [CR1]

I've been waiting to replace my 7D with a 7D III, or a suitable R body. I also have a M5. A couple of comments: The original 7D can't autofocus a 70-200 f4 L IS USM or a 100-400 L IS USM with a 2x III extender, while the M5 does. The M5 can't handle saving JPEG + RAW at frame rates over once...
  6. M

Two more RF mount lenses could be coming in 2019 [CR2]

As I regularly use my EF 100-400 L on the 7D, I could stand to see a lens with a bit more reach, say a 150-600, or at least an RF 1.4x teleconverter.
  7. M

APS-C Canon EOS R body likely [CR2]

My M5, with the EF-M 18-150 IS STM is for travel. Otherwise I use the M5 with the mount adaptor as a second body to complement the 7D. I'm watching this space to see what Canon's solution to the 7D mark II replacement is. The M5 can't handle shooting a burst and storing both RAW and JPEG to the...