Search results

1. JoTomOz

EOS R vs R5/R6 metering- in evaluative

Just wondering if anyone that has had both cameras has any experience with this. Is it the same, different, improved? My experience with EOS R is that is very heavily weighted to focus point in this mode- even in evaluative... and at that not very consistent. Thanks!
  2. JoTomOz

RF 28-70mm f2: filters and lens hood

Bought a 95mm pro master HGX prime filter for this lens, but it won’t allow me to put on the hood once it is screwed in- need to take off the filter and can then put on hood and THEN filter again... Given filters of this size are uncommon, could anyone with this lens advise on what (higher end)...
  3. JoTomOz

If you can only afford one L prime- which one do you choose?

Been thinking about pulling the trigger on the RF 85 as there is a sale on here in Australia. Although it is a focal length I would use I’m hesitant because to be honest, as expensive as they are I can probably only afford one RF L prime. I shoot primes mostly and can’t afford to shell out for...
  4. JoTomOz

Anyone have the Laowa 15mm f2 for RF mount?

I realise it may be too early to ask, but was curious if anyone has this lens. It’s been available for Sony e mount for a while but it looks like there may be some differences, for example for rf it has 5 not 7 aperature blades. I’m interested in the good control of flare (small front element...
  5. JoTomOz

with the price of RF L glass might as well jump to Fuji gfx?

So I bought the Eos R at launch, aiming to future proof expensive lens purchases (I have several mostly lower end Ef lenses). Was even prepared to pay the big bucks for the new RF L primes slowly as they come out. Then in a review for the RF 50mm someone mentioned the price of the eos r plus RF...
  6. JoTomOz

How do you get the listed maximum burst?

I shoot in cRaw+JPEG and the camera always indicates a max burst of 31 shots- but the manual says I should get 55-56? This is even with a uhs-2 card (Sandisk). Are there certain settings that hamper the max burst?
  7. JoTomOz

Anyone notice a rendering problem?

My eos r sometimes displays the photo with colours and detail that have bled together into uniform patches, making it look like some kind of photoshop filter that destroys detail has been used. It’s rare, but still disappointing. The first couple times (in a string of 5-8 photos) it happened I...
  8. JoTomOz

First thoughts on RF 35mm 1.8 Macro STM?

Very curious to hear user reviews on the new RF 35mm lens. I realise it hasn’t been out long, but am interested in getting it for an overseas trip soon.