Search results

1. J

Canon is actively conducting market research on a “retro” style camera body

It sounds funny but I actually went with the D810 over the 5D MK3 just because I preferred Nikon's 50/1.8 over Canon's -- and didn't want to spend $400 for a 50/1.4 that I didn't find that appealing. I may have felt the same way about their 24-70/2.8, but I don't totally remember. That and I...
  2. J

Really, what I want is a camera with manual controls and non-EOS 650 aesthetics, lol. I have bounced back and forth between Canon and Nikon in the past. I think I moved from Canon to Nikon 5-6 years ago because a couple of the specific lenses I wanted were less expensive or better.
  3. J

Nice recap. I didn't know almost any of that.
  4. J

The biggest fundamental advantage that Canon has over Nikon, here, is that they actually seem to listen to their customers. Nikon makes horrible, arbitrary decisions regarding certain product features, and I would love to move back to Canon if given the opportunity.
  5. J

If you think about it, the world of photographers have gotten so far away from the 60's ethos, or even 80's-90's ethos of carrying a camera around to capture moments from life itself -- that it's no wonder that none of these people are left to talk about this stuff online. Like I said in another...
  6. J

I don't agree with every point but I like what you said about the viewfinders. I definitely don't feel that the only benefit from the film SLR's is the VF; it's just one of them. And several aspects make those alone better than DSLR's. I really do not like the f/4 limit of stock viewfinders...
  7. J

Totally, they should either do a scalloped metal grip or rip off the texture from the AIS Nikons.
  8. J

The 60's-era lenses were nice to look at. Scalloped with the metal ring. Could also do black. I think these are a better look than the 80's era lenses. Maybe could be modified a little bit but this or the FD L designs would be a place to start. The 80's looking plastic stuff was no bueno
  9. J

AF lenses with FD L looks would be bank!!!!!
  10. J

Please make an FD adapter that matches the styling of the lenses and camera!
  11. J

I'd love to see them do both at some point. I like your idea though.
  12. J

I am preferring the images from Canon R glass over Nikon Z glass. The Nikon glass is kind of boring. The Canon images are more interesting, and I like that Canon is taking risks on making interesting glass (28-70/2.0) I would love to switch over from Nikon if the choices were right.
  13. J

Hi Canon (if you're reading this). =) I'm stopping in from Nikon Rumors. My first camera was an AE-1 Program and I fell in love with photography. Been back and forth since brands since then, and I am really excited about the Nikon Zf -- but haven't bought one yet. Here are a few ideas that could...
  14. J

Patent: RF cinema zoom lenses

Those f/2.0 zooms are holy grail. I don't care what everyone else is talking about
  15. J

Canon RF 85mm f/2 IS STM in the pipeline [CR1]

f/2 is a nice sweet spot for that 85mm focal length. Good choices Canonn
  16. J

Here are more images of the Canon EOS R5

The R was way cooler looking. This one is too rounded.