Search results

1. S

Rumors of a Canon EOS R5c and EOS R5s [CR1]

An OVF maybe, for the nostalgic amongst us. And great battery life....
  2. S

What’s a “realistic” lens that you’d like to see Canon make?

My "realistic" landscape and nature dream would be like: RF 15-70 F4 L IS RF 180 F4 L IS macro 1:1
  3. S

One Crazy Turkey

Awesome, aswell as all other photos on that link!!
  4. S

Canon 35 mm F1.4L II USM. Strange sound inside. Bad copy?

It was never meant to be condescending, sorry if it sounded that way to you. I was sincerely trying to help, as I thought the thread topic was more like "is this issue enough reason to send the lens back". Maybe I was wrong. If the lens helps you take good quality pictures, then that would be my...
  5. S

My advice: go out and take pictures. Lots of pictures, more or less artistical. Different apertures, different focus distances, flat subjects, 3D subjects and so on. Then please come back and post them. If anyone here can spot any flaws caused by the lens, then you can start to worry...
  6. S

I did watch your video. If I jerk the focus ring, it does a little bit but not as much as yours, just a hint of play between the focus ring and the rest of the lens body.
  7. S

Mine has just a very slight play in the focus ring, normal tolerance values, I think. If I hold the ring in place, there's no sound when shaking it, but then - I also didn't shake it as hard :D
  8. S

Show your Bird Portraits

How did you like the Coffee in Dota? :D Btw, your photos are getting more and more exciting!
  9. S

Show your Bird Portraits

Great photos, Jack and ISv! Nice color matching on the Waxbill ones!
  10. S

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

Yeah, I Know, I think this is on the verge of kitsch - but maybe just barely on the "right" side :)
  11. S

Beautiful photos everyone! Breaking the vulture series with a hummingbird one :-) More of an experiment than true BIF...
  12. S

Hello everybody! I'll try to make a honorable debut in this thread with some older BIFs from the Danube Delta (Romania): a formation of Glossy Ibises, a Great and a Little Egret and a Great White Pelican. All taken with a Canon 6D+ 400 5.6 L. Hope you like them!
  13. S

Show your Bird Portraits

Dear Jack, Thanks so much for reviving the memories of my last trip to CR! Here is a 1 minute video of how I was greeted upon arriving at the lodge near PN de los Quetzales. Makes me smile every time I play it, excellent for cheering up.
  14. S

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks all for the appreciation! The next 2-3 weeks I won't be around so much so I'm leaving you for now with this female Pale-billed Woodpecker. A happy and productive New Year to all birding friends!
  15. S

Large fishing spider I found in the house

Wow, I am speechless... Great capture! I put the photo on full screen then called my wife to come in the room :) Her reaction was priceless! I know, how infantile ...
  16. S

Show your Bird Portraits

Oh my, tough competition around! :) Wonderful shots, ISv and dslrdummy! This time a Tiger Heron and a juvenile+adult Black Hawk
  17. S

Show your Bird Portraits

Wishing you all Happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas! My presents this year :) Spotted Antbird (x2), Scarlet-rumped Tanager (x2), Tropical Kingbird, Grey-breasted Wood-Wren, Sooty Thrush, Long-tailed Silky Flycatcher and a pale Black-billed Nightingale Thrush. Hope there's enough for everyone :)
  18. S

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks a lot, Jack! You seem to be quite an expert on waxwings, I can imagine they are almost something like a faithful companion! Looks like a frenzy in these last shots, seems they're having lots of fun! About the climate: yes, on the coast and in the jungle like Corcovado it's a little...
  19. S

Show your Bird Portraits

Ok, the last set for this week! May I present the following happy couples: Pacific Screech-Owl (I think), Acorn Woodpecker and the Quetzals again (they tend to keep a distance). Wish you all a nice remaining weekend!
  20. S

Show your Bird Portraits

Many thanks for the appreciation! The clay-colored thrush was also my closest guess, but the throat doesn't look right and the general coloring should be somewhat darker, I think... Unless it's maybe an youngster or something?...