Search results

1. Y

Side by side comparison of the Canon EOS R5, Canon EOS R and Canon EOS RP

Best part of the entire layout is the AF On button isn’t to the far right any more. Absolutely hated that on the R and RP.
  2. Y

Images and specifications for the upcoming RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, RF 85mm f/1.2L USM DS & DM-E100

No a few do it but most notably is the 100-400.
  3. Y

Canon EOS R firmware 1.4.0 now available for download

Get a better frame rate and I’m back on board.
  4. Y

Canon EOS 90D Specification List [CR1]

As much as I’d like to believe it, seems too far fetched. This I’ll believe when I see it.
  5. Y

Canon’s new instant cameras have leaked ahead of launch

Does it make phone calls and surf the web?
  6. Y

Canon EOS RP w/RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM in stock and ready to ship

Got to shoot around with the RP yesterday. Has some great features for the price point. Haven’t had a chance to open up the files but really enjoyed using it.
  7. Y

Got mine last night. Adorama forgot to send the grip which I think I’m going to need but otherwise seems like a nice a little setup. The EVF is going to take getting used to and hope the battery holds out but I don’t know if those will actually be an issue for me. Build quality seems nice...
  8. Y

What is going on with Adorama? They cancelled my order because my Apple Pay transaction from a week ago expired, so I had to reorder. Now they’re saying it’s on back order and a rep said no clue when cameras will be available. :rolleyes: Has anyone had their camera ship?
  9. Y

Canon EOS RP Specifications & Images

I’m not sure, but are you calling me arrogant? That’s a bit offensive. Your last statement is laughable considering you have the R and I’m with my 60D. Want to trade since you don’t need it?
  10. Y

Damn, this a million times over. I’ve been trying to get this point across but someone on this forum in particular refuses to accept this as a reasonable expectation. I’d “like” your comment 5x if I could.
  11. Y

I’m not jumping ship. This is a hobby for me. I love tech toys, in general, but I don’t see the value in going from one brand to another given my position in the photo world. Overall, I like Canon a lot as a brand. I like how aggressive they are with their lens development, and I wish they would...
  12. Y

We’ve returned to the 26.2mp sensor in the EOS RP

I don’t but I do think most people do some research before plopping down $1500-2000 on a camera and the internet isn’t shy about its thoughts on the 6d2.
  13. Y

Sorry meant the A73 not the R. My bad on the typo. No matter how you cut it, the 6D2 is fine if you’re on an island but doesn’t cut it for the price and competition.
  14. Y

Look, I’ve got a 60D and have been patiently waiting the last few years for the right entry level FF body. The 6DII didn’t it cut it for me due to the many hashed over points. Would I rather have my 60 over the 6? Of course not but for the price, I decided to wait. Along comes Canon’s mirrorless...
  15. Y

I’m lost. I’ve only got this one SN. I will admit that I erroneously responded to your comment, so I apologize for that. I do think Canon is making the wrong choice in putting the 6D2 sensor in the RP, if that’s the case. Of course none of us have a crystal ball but who’s going to shell out...
  16. Y

I’m not misrepresenting anything. If you want to make that argument, I’ll make the claim, you’re not seeing the relevant scenario. Two years is plenty of time to either improve the current sensor, design a new sensor, or even purchase a 3rd party sensor. Canon says it’s mirrorless sales are only...
  17. Y

Definitely don’t want the weight of the 5DIV even though it’s a great camera and would like a flip screen as I find myself using it a lot. The R is tempting for what I do but hoping for a cheaper option.
  18. Y

If you’re not pushing the limits of the camera that makes complete sense but in low light, long exposure scenarios, you couldn’t be more wrong. And fixing it in post isn’t the answer I’m looking for.
  19. Y

Ugggghhh. Stop penny pinching us. Charge us a couple hundred more and give us a better sensor. Don’t even need more MP just better DR. I don’t need weather sealing, 20 FPS, or a top LCD. In fact, I’d love a “cheap plasticky” body to cut down the weight. But I won’t buy anything until Canon makes...
  20. Y

Patent: Possible soft focus EF to RF adapter

Any word on a built in teleconverter for an EF to RF adapter?