Search results

1. M

Canon EOS R5 Mark II Specifications

Canon was always taking very small steps since 2008 I started with my photo/video business. Since R5 and C70 which imo were pretty significant steps in the right direction and also with innovation in mind... I think that now the recipe works for them we will continue with small improvements for...
  2. M

The Canon EOS R1 will come well before the EOS R5 Mark II [CR3]

My opinion and my perspective is that Canon has to solve first a few missing things that competition offers to it\'s cameras already. First the addition of c-log2 which is mandatory, ofc no 30m limit which makes sense since r6m2 and especially no overheating and w/o a fan inside. Now if Canon...
  3. M

Is a mini Cinema EOS C70 in the pipeline? [CR1]

I\'m so eager for a baby c70 for perfect match between them! DGO sensro, C-log2, built-in NDs, 4k 120 and raw are must in 2024 but from the other hand what would be different against c70 I wonder! So I take this with a lot of grain and salt as Canon won\'t make a same cinema camera in a more...
  4. M

Canon has released a major firmware update for the Canon EOS R5 C v1.0.4.1

Just for reference if know what are you talking about... Go to CineD and check the Sensor ranking regarding laltitude... you will find out that Canon c70/c300 mark iii provide an outstanding DR of 12.8 stops at S/N ratio of 2. No Sony camera comes close. Then add that c70 has internal 12 bit...
  5. M

Patent: Canon RF-S 15-70mm f/4 and RF-S 15-85mm f/2.8-4

If they want sales they have to do it... it will be a success for sure!
  6. M

Patent: Canon RF-S 15-70mm f/4 and RF-S 15-85mm f/2.8-4

I hope to see sometime soon the long awaited for many years, the superb, the great non L, the most desired lens for APSC, the King... Canon RF-S 17-55mm f:/2.8 (L) IS Usm! Hope to be L and it has to be with the success it had!!
  7. M

An image of the Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8L IS USM has leaked ahead of the official announcement

Damn and I was hoping for many things this time at NAB...
  8. M

An image of the Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8L IS USM has leaked ahead of the official announcement

Out of topic Question but shouldn't we have already heard about a camera announcement already? C200mark ii/c700 mark ii during NAB?
  9. M

Canon Adds EOS R50 and EOS R8 to the Growing EOS R Mirrorless Camera System

I was hoping for much better specs for these cameras regarding their price. Also a unique new design for R50 also. I don't see any point for someone to choose R8 over R6/R6 mark II and the R50 is already "under" competition. Shame...
  10. M

Canon will soon announce the Canon EOS R8 and Canon EOS R50 along with two new kit lenses

Yes but with the given rumored specs for R8 it seems to be a step higher than R6 which doesn't make sense to me at all and at this price! Every camera from Canon for the last 20 years at least shows that every model with a higher number has lower specs. 1D, 5D, 6D, 7D, **D, ***D -> R1, R3, R5...
  11. M

Canon EOS R8 specifications

That would be great but I'm afraid Canon for many years is keeping the same scheme about naming their cameras. For example 6D, 5D -> R6, R5 then 7D -> R7, R10 -> 10D (and it followed until 90D) etc. So I feel that R50 will follow M50 style of camera with newer tech ofc. R8 from the other hand is...
  12. M

Canon EOS R8 specifications

That would be a dream to have the same camera body design as M6 ii... but I think that will come with R50. I hope I'm wrong!
  13. M

Canon will soon announce the Canon EOS R8 and Canon EOS R50 along with two new kit lenses

I cannot understand why some people believe that there will be replacements of R and RP. These camera bodies were a temporary fast solution for Canon to enter milc market and claim their spot against Sony and Nikon offerings. So they tried to steal time to be ready for the next gen milc bodies...
  14. M

There is no way to see the same sensor as M50 on R50! It will be a new sensor tech on a new camera body design like M series. At this price point good af performance but lower than r7 is expected! There is no room at 2023 for slow af performance anymore when taking a look at the competition I...
  15. M

Canon Introduces Multi-Feature Firmware Update for EOS C70 4K Digital Cinema Camera

So so amazing! If AF is improved near milc then the only thing left for this beast is to be able to make some coffee!!
  16. M

There are two more APS-C RF mount cameras coming [CR2]

I would kill for a m6 type body with rf mount and serious video/photo implementation!
  17. M

Canon EOS R6 Mark II – Here are some more specifications

Even if it borrows R3's sensor it will be still difficult for someone to upgrade from R6. We are talking here for the same specs with better low light capabilities and better performance with stills when using electronic shutter. Canon needs to provide something more...! At least no overheating...
  18. M

A new rumor suggest that the Canon EOS R will be replaced by a Canon EOS R8 [CR1]

I think R and Rp was a fast move from Canon to enter to milc market as it was late to the party. Now I cannot find a good reason to upgrade these models but maybe I'm wrong. I can see Canon will keep using the same numeric scheme as they did with DSLRs.
  19. M

A new rumor suggest that the Canon EOS R will be replaced by a Canon EOS R8 [CR1]

Canon won't put a ff milc body under R7... its highly unlikely and doesn't make sense at all! Imo either we r going to see R ii or it will be discontinued and the base model in the lineup will be R6. Just like DSLRs 6D, 5D, 5DsR, Eos 1 etc. We are still waiting for two bodies which pros need (R1...