Search results

1. D

The Canon PowerShot V10 Mark II rumored for Q4 of 2024

it's all rumor. planning on a rumor is always perilous. If you want it for the trip, get it. If you don't really need it, wait. I personally have 2 V10!
  2. D

Meet Insta360 X4: Delivering 8K 360 for Unmatched Creative Possibility

can you provide a link? I'd be interested in writing some stuff
  3. D

if these are really the only upgrades, I'll stick with the ones I have. For me to upgrade, they need to improve the battery life. That's the only true weakness IMO. It's not perfect in other areas but good enough that I don't think about it. But the battery life is always affecting me. It...
  4. D

I agree. The battery life is the worst part of this camera. but I still love the thing. I have 2 of them. I use them more than my Insta360 X3.
  5. D

Meet Insta360 X4: Delivering 8K 360 for Unmatched Creative Possibility

I have both the X3 and the V10. And I tend to use the V10 more. The X4 desperately needed 8K because the resolution is used to cover the entire sphere. My X3 had 5.7K which means for any given frame, the image was closer to 1080p than 4K. It was brutal how low res the video actually looked...
  6. D

image.canon 10GB service will be terminated on October 31, 2024

I couldn\'t even get this to work. error messages all over the place
  7. D

You can connect to a V10 while it's off!

that's just wild. I've never thought of connecting to my r5 when it was off. I'll have to give it a try
  8. D

You can connect to a V10 while it's off!

So I had a theory that the V10 didn't really turn off when you turn it off (because it seemed to drain battery). So I had confirmation today. So I have 2 V10s. I recorded a quick video for Instagram and wanted to connect to the V10 to transfer the video. Well, I picked the wrong camera and it...
  9. D

Canon adds ST-E3-RT Version 3 transmitter

I have both I have both Canon and Westcott triggers and both work with my Westcott lights and Canon speedlites fine.
  10. D

A Look into Canon’s Ergonomics

I don't quite agree. I own a 6D and 6D2 and when I first picked up a 5D4, I was a bit lost. But yes, there's consistency overall.
  11. D

Here we go again, the Canon RF 35mm f/1.4L rumored to be announced next month

Size may matter for many, but not for all. I would never trade my 28-70 f2 for a 24-70 f2.8. Being compact and light is not important to me. It's desirable but not important. The 28-70 f2 is beautiful. But not only that, the main point is it's twice the light of f2.8. and that comes in so...
  12. D

Canon EOS R5 Mark II Specifications

nice gains! BSI stacked. OLED!!! CLOG2!!! disappointed in no mechanical shutter. 60 fps!
  13. D

Canon adds ST-E3-RT Version 3 transmitter

can someone point out how this is better than v2? i currently use the Westcott one as well as v2.
  14. D

Canon EOS R5 Mark II sensor resolution likely to stick at 45mp but with new AI features [CR2]

excited to see some computational photography with the R5ii if true. already a little jealous that the R50 can do some things that the R5 can't do.
  15. D

Canon’s 2024 Roadmap, and the timeline surprised us [CR3]

I'm loving the 10-20 f4 lens I just recently got (even though I preordered day 1). For filters, I use Kolari ND filters. They go inside the camera body so I don't have to worry about thread size or shape of the lens. I can leave the filter in and swap lenses. Now, there aren't any internal...
  16. D

Canon’s 2024 Roadmap, and the timeline surprised us [CR3]

wow, if the R5ii and the 35 1.2 launch on the same day, my wallet will be getting a lot lighter...
  17. D

Canon RF 10-20mm F4L IS STM Preview/Review Summary

Woohoo! I had preordered this day one on B&H a billion years ago and they just shipped it on February 1. I didn't expect to get this 10-20 lens as the only lens I really wanted was a 35 f1.2. I have the RF 85 1.2, 28-70 2, 100 2.8, 600 11, 800 11, 35 1.8, 24 1.8, and 16 2.8. The timing couldn't...
  18. D

The Canon EOS R1 will come well before the EOS R5 Mark II [CR3]

you develop up to the day it's released. heck, a lot of software companies release before the software is done.
  19. D

Black Friday: Save big on Topaz Labs Software

I don't use photo ai, but gigapixel and denoise have received multiple updates over the course of a year
  20. D

Canon SELPHY Square QX10 Compact Photo Printer $99 (Reg $149)

I love this printer! The people who I\'ve given it as a gift love it too. The big advantage is that you take pictures with your phone and then send it to the printer. The quality is vey high (depends on your phone camera as well) compared to things like the fuji. It\'s a dye sublimation...