Search results

1. R

Canon shutter message upon powering off (update) Does NOT appear with native lenses

thanks. interesting to know. Would be great if one could just ask one of the engineers behind the lens protocols.
  2. R

Canon shutter message upon powering off (update) Does NOT appear with native lenses

^^ do they? And the lenses keep the apertures closed when you disconnect them from the camera? Interesting. I thought it was something like a spring or mechanical thing. Anyway, it could be something "historical" in the EF protocol that remains unchanged to stay compatible with all products in...
  3. R

Untrue. RF lenses have their apertures fully closed when no power/camera is attached. EF lenses have the aperture fully open when no power/camera is attached.
  4. R

Canon releases firmware v1.1.0 for the EOS R and it’s disappointing

...this is exactly what keeps me away from forums. I know what I am thinking. I don't need invasive people (that have never met me) to tell me what I am thinking - and why :)
  5. R

Actually, I just don't care much since the camera works great for me - and I have no (or very limited) use for eye-AF. But yeah, if you need it to feel good. You won. I am stupid. ok? :)
  6. R

In fact I am not disappointed at all. For me, the R is the best camera I have ever used. And I did actually use "them all" - it is neither my first FF nor my first mirrorless. Canon promoted the R with "future firmware upgrades" when it was announced. They will not keep it a secret when they...
  7. R

Since Canon did not release it with official announcement, it is surely just a small error-fix, not the "big update" yet.
  8. R

Please don’t take away the multi function bar!!

All press photogs are used to send images to their customers while shooting (sports, news, concerts). They send jpgs. Always. White balance has to be correct in the files already. There is no editing afterwards in most cases. I am shooting concerts. WB is tricky under artificial and changing...
  9. R

Thank you for trying and letting us (and the rest of the world) know! :)
  10. R

How do you have the buttons/dials set up on the EOS R?

great - just tried it, not in eco-mode, but in menue "power saving": If I set display-off to 15s and camera-off to 3min, the viewfinder-sensor is still active between display-shutdown and camera-sleep. It is inactive after camera goes to sleep also, which is visible on the top-display. If I...
  11. R

but is does wake up if you have something close to the viewfinder-sensor? Or wouldn't it?
  12. R

Since I always shoot in M, I don't need a lot of extra functions - so I have ISO on the adaptor-ring. "AF-on" is back button focus. Shutter is metering start only. Touch-bar is for zoom and does work on display and in the viewfinder. Love it for that function. AF-Point-selection starts...
  13. R

Patent: Non-L RF Mount zoom lenses

In Berlin? It was a film camera, for sure ;)
  14. R

Olympus announces the M-D E-M1X, an EOS-1D X Mark II killer?

I tried it last week while I have been at the Olympus launch event in Europe. I know the EM1 mkII and used it quite a few times. The body of the new pro-camera is great. Very good ergonomics but much more compact than you would think from watching the images. My conclusion is: It is a very...
  15. R

Canon M50 low light focus assist

You did. "It got nothing to do with dual pixel AF. M2 is not dual pixel AF. It is cannon's way to make the DSLR more "useful". I tried my old trustworthy 580EX II on both M2 and M50. The focusing grid never comes on. " It does not work the same way. The grid is projecting red lines to where...
  16. R

well - a contrast AF can make even less use of a red grid, don't you think? M50 is DPAF. Should be the 80D sensor (or similar) like on my M6.
  17. R

All the mirrorless cams (other manufacturers are the same) do not engage the red AF-grid because it simply does not help the dual-pixel-af system at all. It was only useful for phase AF in DSLRs.