Search results

1. Phoenix 1000

Canon RF 14-21mm f/1.4L USM one of the “crazy” lenses coming next year [CR1]

You are right, mirrorless camera technology is around for a long time, but only since a few years, they begin to compete with DSLRs. Before that, the technology was too immature for that (I still remember my Minolta DiMage A1 which was quite a good bridge camera at her time, but not more). Since...
  2. Phoenix 1000

I personally agree with you, but look at the sales numbers of digital cameras in total, ILC and mirrorless - a steady decline while at the same time the numbers of digital photos shot go through the ceiling. Obviously there is a major crowd of people who prefer to take the smart phone for photo...
  3. Phoenix 1000

Exactly what I am saying: In 5-7 years, if OLED technology and GPU speed si good enough, but not yet. That's my point of view.
  4. Phoenix 1000

Most probably you are right: Mirrorless will be the future. It seems to be the only way for the industry to at least save some of their market share from the smart phone manufactures. A new DSLR is just not enough of a good story to get a significant number of photo enthusiastic people moved to...
  5. Phoenix 1000

When I look at the mirrorless cameras on the market today, I don't consider ANY of them an improvement over my 5D Mark IV, mainly because of the bad image quality of the EVF compared to the excellent view through the "analog" viewfinder of my DSLR. Unless OLED or AMOLED screens don't make...
  6. Phoenix 1000

I love the sensor of my Canon 5D Mark IV. Don't no, what's wrong with it?
  7. Phoenix 1000

The Canon EOS RP shipments begin on Wednesday

Difficult to put in words. I still remember when I bought my 5D3 and I first looked through the viewfinder of the camera in the shop. I was impressed. The perfect clarity of what you see. And yes, the FOV, the slight magnification. It enables you to work very precisely with the AF, because you...
  8. Phoenix 1000

I agree and I believe, that the lenses are excellent and yes, the shorter distance to the sensor is a huge advantage. But for me, that does not compensate the bad image of an electronic viewfinder. I checked it on a Sony A7R III at my local dealer last weekend. The Sony is for sure a very good...
  9. Phoenix 1000

As long as an electronic viewfinder is not as good as the wonderful viewfinder on my 5D4, I will keep my 5D4 and my 5D3 and my three EF f2/8 zooms. And I still don't understand, why the mirrorless cameras should be "lighter" than a DSLR. What you save on weight by the elimination of the mirror...