Search results

1. O

There are currently 3 EOS R system cameras coming in the second half of 2022 [CR2]

"No EVF" is quite a disturbing idea. Not only "old folks" are using EVF by the way.
  2. O

Review: Canon EOS R3 final review by DPReviewTV

I love these guys but it is obvious they don't have any experience with sports or similar photography where this camera will excel.
  3. O

Announcement Soon: Canon RF 16mm f/2.8 and Canon RF 100-400mm f/5.6-7.1 IS USM

Knowing Canon, I think 70-400mm will be an f 8-11 lens :)
  4. O

Here are some crazy Canon EOS R1 specifications [CR0]

What would be intereseting is if R1's specs trickle down to some R7 (7D Mark II's mirrorless version).
  5. O

Canon will announce more lenses at one time than ever before in the 2nd half of 2021 [CR2]

Inexpensive lenses please! This system urgently needs 3-4 lenses under 600 USD.
  6. O

Updated: Scammed: The X-Tra battery campaign on Kickstarter

I NEVER EVER trust any Kickstarter campaing. Even by very established companies.
  7. O

This is the Canon RF lens roadmap

You don't know how to discuss nicely, do you? No, you don't.
  8. O

Sure, I want as big aperture as they can give me but it'll be as big as and heavier than Sony version. Nikon 200-500mm f5.6 is heavier than even Sony. I'd take 5-6.3 to shave 300-500 grams and maybe some length as well.
  9. O

Sony is f6.3 at 600mm. Canon 600mm f11 is 1.7 stops darker but it is much smaller, much lighter, much less expensive. Canon 100-500mm is about 700 USD more than Sony but it can be found cheaper if you hunt for it (10-15%). It is 10cm (!!!!!) shorter and 800 grams lighter. Looking at above data...
  10. O

Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 STM specifications

That's how you make a nifty-fifty!
  11. O

Review: Canon RF 85mm f/2 Macro IS STM

Instant classic like EF 85mm f1.8 USM. Canon will produce this for the next 20 years :)
  12. O

Canon to announce the RF 50mm f/1.8 STM and RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM soon

I wonder 70-200mm f4 will follow the design philosophy of 70-200mm f2.8. If it does, it may be smaller and lighter than 24-70mm f2.8L IS :)
  13. O

Price Drop: Canon EOS RP w/24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM $999 (Reg $1399)

I would buy it today if that deal was in Europe as well.
  14. O

Review: Canon EOS R5 by DPReview

DPReview cannot show this. They brightened an image at ISO100 by 6 stops, that's it. They cannot show that noise reduction is bad or steals small details. It is just nerd talk, and actually just an excuse to list one more bad thing about the camera. This is like "oh but it has AA filter"...
  15. O

Canon EOS R5 impressions by a Canon EOS 5Ds shooter

I agree that 5Ds's ADC is better than the others but even 5D Mark IV has a noticeable advantage in terms of DR compared to 5Ds series. I compared them myself. 5D IV has noticeably cleaner shadows. I assume R5 has even better DR. But again, I was not too unhappy with 5Ds when I had it. As long as...
  16. O

Rumors are slow, let’s talk RF lens wish lists

15-35mm f2.8 IS is a great lens but it has huge vignetting. I understand that to keep the size small enough it was necessary but that high vignetting is extreme. Just look at Imaging Resource and Opticallimits reviews and you'll see.
  17. O

Canon EOS R5 impressions by a Canon EOS 5Ds shooter

I think EOS 5R's DR is quite a big advantage over 5DsR but if you are happy with what you have from 5SsR then it isn't an advantage.
  18. O

Here is the Canon EOS R6

Just make it 2200 and I'll pre-order
  19. O

Here are some new lens images and early pricing

85mm will be the new EF 85mm f1.8 USM. Canon will probably produce it for 20+ years :)