Search results

1. S

Here is the Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro

SA = Sony Alpha control? How many Sony’s you can neutralise within 100yds!
  2. S

Canon announces development of the EOS R5 full-frame mirrorless camera

Comparing the video to my Eos R, it looks a little bigger overall across all dimensions. Personally, I hope it is as some of the buttons are too small on the R and a more 5D4 size body would work well for me. I am really glad the back looks DSLR like, that makes me want to buy it alone!
  3. S

What’s next from Canon?

Tut tut. Did she misplace it on her camera?
  4. S

Images of the Canon EOS Ra appear – UPDATE

I hope the pirate edition comes with a skull and crossbones camera strap! And the boudoir one with, er, ...a leather strap?
  5. S

More information on the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III [CR2]

I was just starting to panic then, but now you’ve reassured me that someone, somewhere will always say it! ;) I wonder when the T-shirts will come out saying this about Canon?!
  6. S

Canon officially announces the development of the EOS-1D X Mark III

Looks great. I won’t upgrade my 1DXii, as it suits my needs fine. But, I am curious about what will filter from this into the 5D5?
  7. S

A bit more about the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III [CR2]

I am the opposite way round, I primarily use the 1DX with an 85L 1.4 on it and an R (was 5D4) as the second body. I shoot pretty much the same number of images across a wedding (no point being frugal, eh!). My first 1DXii did have a faulty sensor, but as I bought it new it was replaced the same...
  8. S

A bit more about the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III [CR2]

I have the 1DXii and 61 points is fine. I thought I wanted more (I have the R as well), but actually when you want to scroll across the AF area to get from one side to the other, having a lot more points might either slow the process down or make it harder to select the exact point you want...
  9. S

Images and specifications for the upcoming RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, RF 85mm f/1.2L USM DS & DM-E100

No not really, all the manufacturers put restrictions on the use of pre-production kit. I tested the RF 24-70 today and the test images look great, from a technical viewpoint! The colours are nice, it’s really sharp and focuses fast. I am buying it tomorrow and shooting a wedding with it in...
  10. S

Images and specifications for the upcoming RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, RF 85mm f/1.2L USM DS & DM-E100

This short Adorama video shows the presenter holding the new 70-200. Just try to contain yourself, eh? ;) It looks like a great lens...!
  11. S

The Canon EOS 5D Mark V is in the works [CR2]

Yes please, I’ll take both. Q4 2020. 5D4 was September 2016, if I remember right?
  12. S

IBIS is coming to select next generation Canon DSLRs [CR2]

I had a Olympus OMD EM1 MKii and a Canon 1DXII. Both are well built cameras, but the Canon is a whole different ball game in terms of quality. Just look at the on/off switch on both the cameras for a start. The Olympus is a flimsy flap and the Canon much more solid. Both a really nice cameras...
  13. S

Canon officially announces the PowerShot G5 X Mark II and PowerShot G7 X Mark III

Hey! I wanted to be the first to complain..!
  14. S

Patent: Lots of small, light and fast EF prime lenses

I’d still like a replacement for the 50 1.4, like a 50 1.4L IS. That would be nice...
  15. S

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III field testing has begun [CR2]

I have an A9 and a 1DXii. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. The Sony A9 is very good and the frame rate excellent. However, it’s designed to be shot electronically. The standard shutter is 5FPS, which is poor when under artificial lighting and avoiding the risk of banding. You also need...