Search results

1. CDR

Canon cameras that I’m told are coming in 2021

Bring on the R7 - will be a great addition to my R5 for wildlife!
  2. CDR

DXO announces Photolab 4, save 30% on new purchases and upgrades

Good to see a non-subscription-based option especially for those of us who have bought the R5 as a retirement gift for one's self - LOL. Will definitely check out the free trial (windows) as not many other options at present other than Canons free but super slow DPP - or am I wrong? Any...
  3. CDR

ON1 Unveils New ON1 Portrait AI, New ON1 Photo Mobile Features, and Major Upgrade to ON1 Photo RAW

I liked the current ON1 Raw version but it does not support CRaw and until it does is of little use to me and I see no promise of such in any blurb posted...
  4. CDR

What’s next for the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6?

Honestly, if a hardware fix means a better solution for all I hope Canon does this to keep its brand image intact, as by not doing this there may be a serious backlash! But before anybody crows about Sony, did Sony ever do anything when the issue was widely flagged on their older models????
  5. CDR

Here is the Canon EOS R6

Aaah decisions, decisions! But at least with all the interest, it won't take long for a multitude of reviews/opinions to be posted. As an aging enthusiast wildlife photographer currently using an R and a 7D2 now need to decide whether just to get an R5 (costa plenty + new card / upgrade PC)...
  6. CDR

New Firmware coming to the Canon EOS R

Love all this speculation - for me what it does mean combined with still relevant until 2021 is that I will wait for a while post the R5 / R6 launch and R firmware update (whatever that may be) to get some initial user tests / feedback before making any decision on the future of my R...
  7. CDR

Here are more Canon EOS R6 Specifications [CR2]

Well that's me pretty much me done! I was one of those who wished there was an R5 version with less video capabilities to bring the price down of the R5 given our weak local currency. If these specs are correct I will certainly be in for the R6 as very little crippling it seems (so far at...
  8. CDR

Major Canon announcements coming in June & July [CR3]

Maybe they are awaiting the possible Sony A7 4 specs before announcing the R6 - which could even be announced later today as Sonyalpharumours mentioned in the past?
  9. CDR

Two more EOS R bodies are coming in 2021 [CR2]

My biggest concern as a wildlife photography enthusiast is the lack of a suitable apparent FF option on the roadmap. The APS-C 7D mk 11 is very long in the tooth and the R6 with 20MP will not allow for any / much cropping. Yes, the R5 will be great inclusion to the line but hey how many of us...
  10. CDR

What’s a “realistic” lens that you’d like to see Canon make?

Honestly - all I would want is a 200-600 F5.6 to 6.3 IS with weather sealing and internal zoom at a price point to compete with Sony - after all, this matched with a R5 will give me pretty much all I need for wildlife shooting in daylight hours
  11. CDR

Is an RF 100-500mm lens on the way? [CR2]

LOL I may not be technically correct, but my point is not really as regards reach, but rather flexibility and weight - after all I already use a 7D11 as my second camera body which is effectively a 1.6X cropped sensor with a lot more pixels, but on the same lens also provides a smaller field of...
  12. CDR

Is an RF 100-500mm lens on the way? [CR2]

Interestingly I have recently found myself using my 300 2.8 and the EOS R's 1.6 crop a lot (effective 480) and getting very nice wildlife images (yes limited to 11Mp files to work on) but have been able to use wide open (at 2.8) with much better AF accuracy / AF speed than adding a 2X converter...
  13. CDR

Canon RF 70-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM to be announced this year [CR2]

Whew - maybe I need to start softening up the bank manager.....
  14. CDR

Canon to announce EOS-1D X equivalent EOS R system camera in 2021?

I am also an ageing wildlife enthusiast, but took the plunge at the start of the year to sell my 1Dx for an R. My primary reason was that I was finding the 1Dx with the 300 2.8 + convertor too heavy to lug around / handhold but also the video on the mk1 was very basic. I also kept my 7D11 as my...
  15. CDR

Industry News: Sony Introduces the High-resolution A7R IV with World’s First 61.0 MP Back-illuminated, Full-frame Image Sensor

I think that these Sony improvements only help's raise the bar for all - as a wildlife hobbyist I can't justify switching systems just as and when somebody gets an advantage - I have been shooting Canon since the Canon 300D with DSLR's right through to a 1DX (second hand) and now on an EOS R...
  16. CDR

Canon EOS R firmware version 1.2.0 announced

I am no professional - just an enthusiast who spends most of my time shooting wildlife.. When I sold my wonderful 1D X it was primarily to go mirrorless for the weight saving and so I did not have to drag my XA20 camcorder around as well. I was well aware there were sacrifices to be made and...