Search results

1. S

There are delays in production for both the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

Even if you buy it and choose not to keep it, sell it at twice the price and make a profit!
  2. S

First canon Eos R5 on video

It's there, he's using it but clearly under NDA. What a tease.
  3. S

Canon announces development of the EOS R5 full-frame mirrorless camera

Oversampling 8K for 4K video and shooting 8K video are not mutually exclusive. When canon says it's an 8K camera, they mean it's an 8K video output. For example, the EOS C100 II cinema camera has a 4K Super35 sensor that outputs ONLY 1080P. They call that camera 1080p only, not 4K.
  4. S

They changed the way the shutter functions after the release of the R. For the R, the shutter comes down when the camera is turned off. On the RP, the shutter stays up to prevent damage to the shutter. That's why you can see the sensor directly in the RP and R5.
  5. S

I think unless Canon really messes this up by imposing artificial limitations, the technology is finally available for them to achieve most of the claims that they're saying. The processor should be able to do 8K Raw, very little 8K crop, 10Bit H265, 8Bit 264, 4K60 with no crop etc.
  6. S

The R didn't have it and had Bluetooth connectivity to be able to have remote shutter on everything from your phone to iPad to pc. :/
  7. S

You think remote shutter release was important enough to add to the R5?
  8. S

Someone please explain to me what in the world is this thing for? It's one of the major differences between the R5 and the R.
  9. S

Here is the Canon EOS R5, official development announcement soon.

Are we expecting the news to break tonight (Japan Time) or tomorrow (NA Time)? Can I go to bed? lol
  10. S

It's 8:30 AM in Japan. Come on Canon, lets go with the announcement.
  11. S

The 1DX3 is sitting at $6,500. If this thing can really do 20 FPS just like the 1DX and first 8K video camera from canon AND first IBIS? I'd be willing to guess $3999.
  12. S

Look, I'm totally hoping for canon to pull a rabbit out of the hat and wow us with specs that's better than their top of the line cinema cameras but I'm also understanding where people are coming from when they say they just don't believe the specs or that the specs have huge caveats like major...
  13. S

Actually, he tossed out all his gear not too long ago and went all in on the EOS R ecosystem. @6:50
  14. S

Can't blame the guy really. Just look at canon's track record. Do you ACTUALLY believe that they'd push out a 8K camera before Sony AND the most recent EOS C500, a $16,000 dollar cinema camera, doesn't even have 8K or IBIS?
  15. S

Yes, it's pretty light on details if it was based on the development announcement. I'm just hoping it was a preview of the announcement so the announcement has more specs in it :/
  16. S

Completely true. Still, there's a chance the camera could be deeper and the hand grip is a little deeper than the original EOS R. This will definitely help with the chunk.
  17. S

No smaller than the EOS R was to the 5DIV. It looks to be identical in height and width as the EOS R. MAYBE it's a little deeper for the dual CFAST cards, as we don't have the depth dimension. Yes, I'm calling it now. It's going to have dual CF *Express* cards. There's no way UHS-II cards can...
  18. S

My bad, you're right. I was more focused on the fact that 4K120 is the same bandwidth as 8K30. Assuming 1 to 1 readout, 4K 120 could have a crop that's more extreme than the EOS R.
  19. S

Just my two cents but here's my prediction of the specs that we saw earlier. 8K @ 30fps Crop 1 to 1 pixel readout about a 1.17x crop factor 45MP downsized to 33MP. 4K @ 120fps If 8K 30 is possible, 4K120 is the same bandwidth of data. If it's also a 1 to 1 readout from the camera. ~2+ crop...