Search results

1. C

I just wanted to clarify things about the EOS R5 and EOS R6 from yesterday’s report

NoFilmSchool has done the most thorough R5 overheating test so far: https://nofilmschool.com/testing-canon-r5-overheating However one of the biggest deal breakers for us videographers was a tweet by Gerald Undone that after one hour of shooting stills the camera gave ZERO seconds of 4K HQ / 8K...
  2. C

The Canon EOS R5 will begin shipping before the Summer Olympics

i believe the R5 will sit in between the 5D & 1D, but in any case it is parallel to the DSLR line. with +45MP, IBIS, 8K.. R5 is definitely way ahead the 5D series and deserves its "flagship mirrorless" status but won't exceed the 1D in FPS & AF. personally, i don't think Canon will give a...
  3. C

The Canon EOS R5 will begin shipping before the Summer Olympics

Might not be 1DX specs but Canon is officially calling R5 "A professional full frame mirrorless flagship camera". https://www.canon.co.uk/cameras/eos-r5/
  4. C

The CP+ 2020 trade show in Yokohama, Japan has been canceled

I think Japan are taking these extreme preventive measures to hopefully avoid canceling the Olympics, however it is not looking good I'm afraid. Now hopefully this will not delay the R5 release as fortunately Canon builds their mid to high-end cameras in Japan and produces their own sensors...
  5. C

Here is the Canon EOS R5, official development announcement soon.

Never?! 5D/6D series didn't have serifed fonts on the badge.. ..seeing how R5/R6 are touted as a 5D/6D mirrorless reboots..
  6. C

Why aren’t there more Canon EOS R5 leaks?

the mode button (and video record) doesn't necessarily mean the stills/video toggle switch isn't behind. i really hope the toggle switch is there as rumored, and even more importantly the thumb wheel.. but then again since apparently the leaked info isn't 100% correct.. as for the port on the...
  7. C

sure looks like the real deal!!! :giggle:
  8. C

Not just Canon USA! I was at a 1DX3 preview last week and when I asked my local rep about R5/R6, he fired back "Stop reading Canon Rumors!". I think they're mad about the leaks stealing thunder (and maybe sales) from their flagship 1DX3 release.
  9. C

Something just doesn't feel right to me about the specs & announcement. I really hope I'm wrong and that we'll get some info tomorrow but I don't remember such a major release coming with so little chatter/leaks 24 hours ahead.
  10. C

Canon officially announces the RF 85mm f/1.2L USM

I just think Canon went for the lazy route. Sony did battle heat management & battery life but now have it under control on their third gen cameras. Nikon/Panasonic got it right on their first attempt. The AA filter isn't anymore an issue by oversampling since Canon uses them anyways in 5DIV...
  11. C

CN-E 85mm T1.3 is a FF lens not an APS-C/Super35 lens. 1.8x crop is closer to M43 then to Super35. Every other FF MILC competitor is doing 4K FF+Super35 modes. FACTS. It's perfectly valid to expect Canon to do FF 4K in the near future. Here is a vid from one of the most popular youtube...
  12. C

85mm x 1.8 crop = 153mm Please read more carefully, I said 85mm lens IS popular in cinema. 153mm IS NOT. Super35 is a standard. 1.8x is not. You can't speak about a (FF) lens without it's (1.8x) cropped video performance on the camera. It's a chicken & egg thing. I probably own more Canon...
  13. C

I understand, but you have to realise Canon once dominated video back in the DSLR FF revolution started by the 5D2/5D3. Many of us are still with Canon and are patiently waiting to finally get FF 4K (the only option for that in the cinema line costs $37,000). Every other company is doing it...
  14. C

Ironically it is so typical of still shooters to completely disregard the needs of others (i.e "video folks"). Why does it surprise you EOS R hybrid/video shooters have an opinion on a new native lens release? Does our voice not count? 85mm is a popular prime lens focal length both in...
  15. C

Oversampling is the way to go. You get even more detail than 1:1 4K. It's the 4K method Z6/A7III/S1employ. However the severe rolling shutter in 4K seems to indicate EOS R is struggling to do even 1:1 readout. True..perhaps Sony/Nikon/Panasonic video users should rejoice at the perspective...
  16. C

Thanks, I was already aware of that tip. Not really a fan of sharpening though, I usually turn it to zero so it's actually fine that it's there already by default. Supersampling from 6K has other benefits though such as actual detail increase and elimination of moire issues. But anyways, that...
  17. C

A7R3 is a high MP stills oriented camera as is the Z7. Those are the only 2 FF mirrorless models that do pixel binning in FF modes. All the other camera models I've listed that happen to be more direct competitors to EOS R can do FF 4K with not only full readout but supersampled from 6K and...
  18. C

You are seriously mistaken: Nikon Z6/Z7, Sony A7III/A7RIII/A9 & PanasonicS1/S1R can all do FF 4K without a crop. Canon are the only ones left that still can't do full sensor 4K read out in 2019. That is because they are using a 4-year-old (5DIV) sensor, when everyone else is using latest gen...
  19. C

when there's a will there's a way.. i'm just saying i find it a ballsy move from canon to promote their $2700 non-stabilized prime as a video asset considering the current limitations and crop factor ratio conversion. it's one thing to make your existing EF lens collection work on EOS R system...
  20. C

I have the R as well.. the crop factor & rolling shutter in 4K is a real PITA for me personally. not to mention lack of IBIS. I really hope they are not going for a high MP body next but rather a 1DX2 type pro mirrorless body. As for an RF cine cam, yeah that would make sense. Just make the...