Search results

1. G

A couple of EOS R cameras that can be considered “pro” are in the pipeline [CR1]

I used to say things like this before I switched over to Sony. It is pure denial. Canon's strategy is mind boggling as lots of sports shooters have moved to Sony Mirrorless.
  2. G

The 2020 RF lens roadmap, up to 8 new lenses coming in 2020

But my point is why release all these great lenses if there is not yet a pro body to use them on. The EOSR isn't a pro body. I'm solely focussing on mirrorless cameras here, not dslrs.
  3. G

The 2020 RF lens roadmap, up to 8 new lenses coming in 2020

I see Canon going the same way Nokia did in the mobile market. We need a great mirrorless body to match the great lenses and they are simply taking far too long to release a pro EOSR.
  4. G

No new EOS R body shipping in 2019 [CR2]

I signed up to Canon Rumors as I was awaiting the new big firmware update that Canon promised for the EOSR, ...turned out they quietly released a firmware update that didn't offer much.
  5. G

How does a dead fly in a Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II affect image quality?

Meanwhile, ...Sony releases new firmware...
  6. G

"what a pile of bollocks ... up to iso 4600 you are just fine. I am pushing iso 6400 with my 5D IV's all the time, EOS R sensor is almost as good in low light. 5dIV is winning by 1/10 of a stop." You tried printing these out to a large size for clients? Would be interesting to find out how they...
  7. G

I bought two EOSR's for wedding photography and I've had a blast with them. However, it wasn't until I had a shot of the Sony a7iii at one of the weddings that I realised that it trumps the EOSR in every department. I used to hate Sony trolls, but I don't think they are trolling anymore as the...
  8. G

Glad I just bought two new Sony a7iiis and sold my EOSRs. Sad to say this, but Sony are way ahead of the game and the a7iii is the best camera on the market. The latest interviews with various Canon execs helped facilitate the full move to Sony.
  9. G

Canon talks IBIS and EOS M in a recent interview

"We believe IBIS will work together hand in hand with optical IS lenses, such as the ones you see in front of you, to offer better features" In other words, we have these really expensive lenses that come with IS, so buy them if you are interested in image stabilisation, because we're not in...