Search results

1. R

Here is the Canon EOS R5, official development announcement soon.

Well... To check depth of field. I use it on my EOS M5, especially when on a tripod. The lens focuses wide open, so you see the image through the evf or back screen as such.
  2. R

Canon EOS R5 Specifications

It's a mechanical shutter. Mirrorless isn't shutterless.
  3. R

Canon to add 24p recording to the Canon EOS 90D, Canon EOS RP & Canon EOS M6 Mark II

I don't know exactly how it all works. But my TV gives a notification on the bottom of the screen when the frame rate changes. As far as I can tell it matches the frame rate of the content. Sometimes it shows 24, sometimes 25, 30, 60, etc. That's off my Apple TV. I think it's playing back as per...
  4. R

Canon to add 24p recording to the Canon EOS 90D, Canon EOS RP & Canon EOS M6 Mark II

was just being sarcastic. I've seen what you've seen
  5. R

Brilliant, now we can stop all the whining about it. Wonder if all the big YouTube channels will cover the update like they did the new AF updates ;)
  6. R

Canon officially announces the EOS M200

Lol. Why is it everytime something weird happens it's millennials? To be fair research probably showed people want this
  7. R

Canon officially announces the EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II

This is what DP Review is reporting
  8. R

Here are some more images of the Canon EOS M6 Mark II

I hope it's th I hope it's this. Would be a great improvement over the current BBF placement. I use MF everyone the camera is on a tripod. So the switch is also nicer than the existing button which gets pressed accidentally all the time. Looks like my ergonomic issues have all been addressed...
  9. R

Canon EOS 90D full specifications

Yeah. Was my last DSLR, not my last camera. Had a few in-between.
  10. R

Canon EOS 90D full specifications

I must say that this looks great. My last DSLR was a 40d which I loved, and I haven't really been keen on another. But this one appeals to me a lot.
  11. R

The Canon EOS M5 Mark II and Canon EOS M6 Mark II are on the way [CR1]

Phones have already killed the point and shoot. But I still don't think they're going to move into this sector that easily. There's more to it than just the end result. What about ergonomics, controls, lenses, speed of use, looking professional in front of clients and just enjoyment (which is...
  12. R

I was with Fuji before. Lenses are more affordable on Canons side (not apples with apples, but I couldn't afford the Fuji glass I wanted). Also more variety of lenses available to rent which I can adapt when needed. The only thing I miss from my xpro is build quality and that the camera is...
  13. R

I don't know about this Harry. The benefits of the camera are more than just image quality. I own an M5, my wife an M6. I was shooting Fuji before but it's easier to share a system. This works because I'm not a pro photographer, but as a graphic designer the camera offers me a few things I...
  14. R

I love my M5. If they release a mkii I won't upgrade, but I'll feel better about buying more lenses. I'd really like that 32, but don't wanna be bitten by them cancelling the system like Nikon did with their 1 system. Still sore about that.
  15. R

SIGMA announces three DC DN prime lenses for the EF-M mount

I think a lot of people would have only those 2 lenses.
  16. R

I'm glad you thought that funny. Maybe the lenses are perfect for you, but not everyone. While there are good lenses in the lineup, the zooms are slow (which really effects the autofocus). Leaving us with the option of living with it or adapting ef lenses. The ef-m lineup is full of gaps...
  17. R

Great news. The system deserves better lenses.
  18. R

New mid-level DSLR and EOS M5 Mark II the next ILC’s from Canon? [CR1]

Personally, I'm looking forward to the new M camera. If this system isn't killed off, I'll stick to it for as long as possible. If they do kill it one day, I'll be very annoyed – I've tried the DSLR thing, and don't like it. Tried Fuji, loved the cameras and lenses, but didn't like working with...
  19. R

The rest of 2019 for Canon will be about updating dated product lines [CR2]

I hope the M upgrades do come. In South Africa one of the online stores already has the M5 marked as discontinued, and prices are dropping on M6. I won't upgrade right now, but want the system to stay alive and well.