Search results

1. C

New type of teleconverter coming from Canon alongside a Supertelephoto zoom

This is the approach inherent in Leica’s Q3 fixed lens camera. An outstandingly high performing 28mm lens, paired with a 60MP sensor, allowing for extensive cropping (they provide in-camera cropping of up to a 90mm equivalent). A combo of a great prime with a high resolution sensor is, at this...
  2. C

Stock Notice: Canon RF 28-70mm f/2L USM at Adorama

When I had the EF 24-70 f/2.8, I would regularly find myself switching back and forth to a prime in that same range, even an f/1.8, because I wanted either the extra light, better separation, or a different "look" (I never really loved the rendering of the f/2.8) for certain shots. Since I got...
  3. C

Here are the Canon EOS R7 and Canon EOS R10

Although I wouldn't bet on it, I'm fairly optimistic. For the R10 to be limit free, while the rest of their R line-up isn't consistent is a bit odd. I would imagine they want maybe half a year of the R5C maintaining that advantage over the R5 and R6, so that anyone who made the switch doesn't...
  4. C

Here are the Canon EOS R7 and Canon EOS R10

Here's hoping this is a sign that the next firmware update to the R5/6 will include a removing of the 30 limit record limit.
  5. C

OpticalLimits reviews the Canon EOS RF 16mm F2.8 STM

But at it’s widest, the EF-M 11-22 has a full frame equivalence of a 17mm f/6.3. At 2 and a third stops less light, increased DOF, slightly narrower FOV, and a longer minimum focus distance… even though it doesn’t cost much more than the RF 16, it’s in a different category. It’s a compact zoom...
  6. C

Canon Announces the macOS Full Production Version of EOS Webcam Utility Software

I’m referring to the new full release, just yesterday.
  7. C

Canon Announces the macOS Full Production Version of EOS Webcam Utility Software

That’s odd. I’m on a Mac, and I’m in Ireland, and it worked flawlessly for me
  8. C

It's software, it's the same file no matter where you download it from. Even if the Canon UK site doesn't have it up yet, you can just grab it from the US site :)
  9. C

Review: Canon RF 85mm f/2 IS STM by TDP

Yeah, I don't see this lens being a goer for jewellery photography. I can't imagine trying to successfully focus stack with that terrible CA performance. A dedicated macro like the 100 2.8L IS is so well corrected it's insane.
  10. C

Canon officially announces the RF 50mm f/1.8 STM and the RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM

That 50mm is basically a lens cap for the R system. Canon might as well sell them bundled with the camera, because everyone's going to buy one!
  11. C

Here is the Canon Cinema EOS C70

It'll effectively be a trade-off between lens sharpness and sensor noise. The glass in the adaptor may very well somewhat reduce the fidelity of the image hitting the sensor, but the quantity of light hitting the cropped area of the sensor will be doubled, so the ISO used could be halved, thus...
  12. C

Gerald Undone completes exhaustive record time testing on the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

In fairness to Sony, they've made massive improvements in the past two generations. But yes, it's clear that Gerald likes to have full control of his colour grading. For a lot of people, Canon's punchy, contrasty image with rich reds is good enough that they don't even want to grade it. But to...
  13. C

Gerald Undone completes exhaustive record time testing on the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

Interestingly, in his live-stream he commented that the A7Riv beats the R5 when it comes to stills. It was only a passing comment while discussing other things, he didn't go into detail, but I'm keen to hear what informed that opinion. AF - seems to be the same Resolution - higher on the Sony...
  14. C

Yeah, the video footage out of the R5 handily beats the R6, which is... strange, to me. The lower resolution sensor seems like it should provide better dynamic range and much better low light, but that's apparently not the case. Canon could have positioned the R5 as the answer to the A7Riv, and...
  15. C

This is possibly why the camera goes into "overheat" warning so quickly. It seems conservative, but it means that Canon is prioritising always being able to function in stills and basic video modes. Unfortunately, the flip side to this conservative heat management approach is that walking...
  16. C

What is the maximum aperture at 400mm on the Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM?

I've seen people on other sites make similar complaints about the upcoming 85mm f/2. Claiming that f/1.8 is a wonderful portrait option, but f/2 is "unusable" for portraits. I swear, some people get way too hung up on 1/3rd of a stop. In practical use, I could barely see a DOF difference...
  17. C

What is the maximum aperture at 400mm on the Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM?

That's what I'm talking about too. Unless I'm still misunderstanding you... No matter what shooting mode you are in, when you go into the ISO selection, you can always pick "auto". I often use that when shooting events, because I want to control the other two factors, but the changing light...
  18. C

I know that in my EOS R, in movie mode, it’s possible to set the aperture control to 1/8th stop increments. Not available in stills mode, but as you said it would be impractical.
  19. C

What are you talking about? Every Canon I’ve ever owned, including my EOS R, has let me shoot Manual + auto ISO.
  20. C

Is Canon Rumours Guy being sarcastic with that last bit about changing settings? It’s hard to tell with text. Because surely, when it comes to max aperture on variable aperture zooms, the number reflected in the metadata is always a rounded figure. The aperture isn’t mechanically clicking into...