Search results

1. I

Here are some crazy Canon EOS R1 specifications [CR0]

At first, this whole 21mp and 85mp makes no sense, but when you start thinking, it kind of does. Let me explain. On a normal 20 mp sensor, you have 20 million diodes. each pixel is covered with the bayer pattern which identifies every single pixel as either green, blue or red. Since canon...
  2. I

Two new Cinema EOS cameras coming in the first half of 2021 [CR2]

Any new camera released starting mid 2020 and not featuring internal 10 bit 4k seems like a total no go. Especially for a video dedicated camera. We can debate frame rates at different price points but not 10 bit 4k. The 8 bit is either not true, or this camera has to sell at under 1500$. I mean...
  3. I

Canon confirms addition of Canon Log 3, Cinema RAW Light, lower bit rates and more for the EOS-1D X Mark III and EOS R5

Yeah, not much degradation at all. Sony a7'3 users have been shooting 4k with a 100mbps for years and it looked great. The only thing that was limiting its quality was the lack of 10 bit 422. 8 bit 420 falls apart pretty quickly when colorgrading. Canon could easily cut its bitrates in half and...
  4. I

Canon confirms addition of Canon Log 3, Cinema RAW Light, lower bit rates and more for the EOS-1D X Mark III and EOS R5

In other R5 news relating to the firmware update that just came out. Professional filmaker "wolfcrow" on his youtube channel reports major improvements in the overheating department. Now, even the 8k RAW is absolutely usable on professional shoots. He reports much longer recording times and...
  5. I

It has nothing to do with 10 bit 422. It's the h265 codec compression that is not well supported by current editing software and hardware that is at fault. If it was 10 bit 422 in the older h264 codec we're all used to, there would be absolutely no problem. This software/hardware support will...
  6. I

Yes, about 14 stops of real dynamic range. I thinks both would be very close if not the same.
  7. I

Shooting 10bit externally to the Ninja V I think it could work out quite well.
  8. I

It does in a way, but not that much. There is no impact on sharpness, but the higher compression means some information is being averaged out over areas. Take the latest A73s which shoots 4k120 in 280mbits/s and it looks great. On the R5 side shooting 4k120 it's around 1800 mbits/s which is an...
  9. I

I wish they added clog 3 to the eos r too. That would be great! They should simply include their different logs in all cameras, just like sony does, even when some of those flatter logs are unusable on the lower end cameras.
  10. I

Here are more specifications for the Canon EOS R6

8 stops of combinen stabilization between ibis and lens stabilizer... on top of that you can switch on the electronic stabilizer... so the camera cames basically with a gimbal built in
  11. I

There are still surprises in store for the Canon EOS R5 announcement [CR2]

The dual gain doesn't make your sensor better in the dynamic range category. Dymamic range is all about the capabilities of light gathering by the sensor itself and being able to distinguish between the most minute voltage differences (i.e. gathered light differences) of every pixel. Dual gain...
  12. I

What are you talking about? Noise inherent to light isn't relevant here... I'm talking of the noise that is introduced by every camera when you set your camera to higher ISO settings. When you set your iso on your camera, all it does is digitally amplify the signal coming from the sensor. Before...
  13. I

Well, it's not the same. Denoising a noisy image can't ever get close to an image that's basically noiseless to begin with, detail won't just be on the same level. My point was to say that we could basically gain 4-6 stops in ISO performance, which is huge.
  14. I

I would love it to be dual analog gain recording and mixing into to the digital output of the raw file. That would be crazy. This would allow us to have basically noiseless images anywhere between iso 100 and iso 10.000 and only from there you'd see the gradual increase in noise. I mean I would...
  15. I

Canon will release the EOS Ra astrophotography camera

Or the "a" could stand for "advanced"... or for "all-around"... or for "all weather"... or for "ali g"... so many possibilities....
  16. I

Patent: Canon RF 17-70mm f/3.5-5.6

So an aps-c R is confirmed then. I guess it won't take long for it be announced after the 90d. But then again I don't understand why the 90d release oin that case? Especially since the 90d seems more like a replacement of 80d than 7dmii?
  17. I

Feature update announcements coming to the Canon EOS R and Canon Cinema EOS C200 ahead of NAB

ISO is both analog AND digital amplification. The analog amplification does not change in normal ISO range in dslr's or mirrorless bodies (ISO 50 - 12800 usually). In simple terms: the analog amplifier = base ISO (does not change). Digital ISO = user sets ISO (digital gain). When you have a dual...
  18. I

Feature update announcements coming to the Canon EOS R and Canon Cinema EOS C200 ahead of NAB

Wow, now you're pushing it. Comparing ISO to shutter speed. The shutter is an actual physical factor in the exposure, ISO is not. Of course I wouldn't EVER suggest to ignore the shutter speed as I wouldn't EVER suggest to ignore the aperture. Both are real physical factors. ISO on MOST modern...
  19. I

This is where you are wrong. You have probably heard of base ISO on a camera. Thats is the actual physical sensitivity of the sensor or say the optimal and ONLY working ISO. Say your camera's native ISO is 400. Whenever you press your shutter button the sensor captures the same information at...
  20. I

RAW via hdmi is possible because nowadays hdmi cables aren't only for pure video signals, they're ethernet cables at the same time, so you can send any type of information over them. By the way, Nikon's Z6 is ALREADY using this same technique for external RAW recording in conjunction with the...