Search results

1. T

There are still surprises in store for the Canon EOS R5 announcement [CR2]

To think what can be possible+interesting with the current tech... IBIS: - pixel-shift Sensor electronics (must be really specific to R5 - as R6 has "existing" sensor from 1D): - Global shutter/other electronic shutter manipulations - Faster readout, making it possible to involve some...
  2. T

Canon EOS R firmware 1.4.0 now available for download

Just checked it, has become a bit better with 1.4.0. Now, if you continue to hold AF-ON (or shutter btn half-pressed) after taking a shot, it won't stutter until you release the button. (Though I usually release-press again AF during pans, so it isn't going to help me much...)
  3. T

Canon to announce EOS-1D X equivalent EOS R system camera in 2021?

It simulates chosen Picture Style. If you shoot RAW, you can choose less-contrasty style (or adjust contrast slider in the chosen style) to have a bit more shadow detail in EVF.
  4. T

New firmware coming for the Canon EOS R [CR1]

I ended up disabling automatic EVF/screen switching and assigning the switch to movie button (the one with red dot). Surprisingly it's a very convenient setup, give it a try :3
  5. T

New firmware coming for the Canon EOS R [CR1]

It's already there - just use the display brightness menu while viewfinder is active.
  6. T

How does a dead fly in a Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II affect image quality?

Objects located close to the lens surfaces usually are visible very clearly in bokeh circles :3 Sadly they didn't test it this way...