Search results

1. H

Canon Australia to close their online store to support retailers

A couple of years ago I went on a three month overseas trip including a month in Africa with a week's safari, and two months in Europe. I took a basic Canon 200D DSLR and 18-135 lens as that fit the cheap and light requirements. Took some ok shots, but not mind-blowing. Since coming back I've...
  2. H

Are Two EOS M cameras coming in 2020? [CR1]

7DII and if you substitute EF-S glass, then I'm pretty much the person you're talking about. Earlier this year I upgraded 200D -> 2nd hand 7DII, and will sell this gear to upgrade to M7 if/when it comes out. I'll never be able to afford R5 + RF. I'll continue to use my EF-S glass until I can...
  3. H

Are Two EOS M cameras coming in 2020? [CR1]

I was using a 200D but started getting interested in Birds in Flight. Earlier this year I bought a second hand 7DII from eBay. I briefly considered an M5 or M50 before getting the 2nd hand 7DII but they just didn't have the right level of specs, build quality and so on. While the 7DII is "only"...
  4. H

Canon EOS R6 specifications [CR3]

While I agree that there'd be a small subset of people who'd be "outraged" and would attempt to hack their cameras to unlock all of the features, I'd point to the number of people who have - or rather haven't - downloaded and installed Magic Lantern. If it's not particularly easy and results in...
  5. H

Canon EOS R6 specifications [CR3]

I find it strange that in all of the discussion about R1, R5S, R5, R6, R, RP, R7, etc, not one person has mentioned that the Ra is an actual camera that you can buy today. If the R6 specs are to be believed, wouldn't it be a great replacement for everyone who has the Pana GH5? They're video...
  6. H

Patent: Eye-controlled autofocus for mirrorless cameras

I wonder if this can tell if you're a replicant?
  7. H

Patent: Eye-controlled autofocus for mirrorless cameras

My wife: "Hun, this girl's booty is in focus. Well done!"
  8. H

A new EOS Rebel is coming this month, possibly an EOS Rebel T8i or entry level EOS M camera[CR1]

I agree with both of these statements. I have a 200D (Rebel SL2, Kiss X9). It's a step above the basic entry-level. I also bought a Canon 18-135mm IS STM lens, second hand from eBay, which maxed out my budget at the time. I travelled for 3 months backpacking in Africa and Europe and took some...
  9. H

Canon will reclaim their full-frame megapixel crown [CR1]

Strangely, I've not heard from "st jack photography". Not very saintly to not reply to such a generous offer :-)
  10. H

A new EOS Rebel is coming this month, possibly an EOS Rebel T8i or entry level EOS M camera[CR1]

I live in Australia. Canon doesn't call them Rebels here (and in lots of other places around the world too). To us they're just DSLR cameras.
  11. H

Here is an updated list of unreleased Canon gear from certification agencies

Don't forget that the 200D, and I assume many of the "Rebel" and xxxD DSLRs, run the LP-E17 battery. The M5 II would be a good upgrade from that range, especially if a) it uses the same battery, and b) they discount (or include) the EF-M->EF adapter. As someone with a 200D and who finds the 9...
  12. H

Canon will reclaim their full-frame megapixel crown [CR1]

If you’re serious about not wanting your Canon EF lenses anymore, send them to me. I’ll happily pay postage. DM me and we’ll sort this out. Thanks :)
  13. H

Three of the four new RF lenses are still scheduled for release in 2019

I have had smilar thoughts. I went on safari last year with just the Canon 200D and the Canon 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM. Got some good shots too (Animals of Africa, 2018). I was backpacking for 3 months and had to compromise on size and weight. I've considered upgrading to FF for the better IQ...
  14. H

IBIS is coming to select next generation Canon DSLRs [CR2]

And price too. The Oly is $AUD2200, and the 1DX II $AUD 8200 (Australian dollary-doos). https://michaels.com.au/collections/olympus-om-d-e-m1-ii/products/olympus-omd-e-m1-mark-ii-black-body-only-92668 https://michaels.com.au/products/canon-eos-1dx-ii-dslr-body-only-94540
  15. H

Ended: This is the last day to save on the revolutionary Peak Design Travel Tripod

Not always the case. I've been getting back into photography and currently have a cheap tripod that I was given by someone. It is bulky and heavy (I think it's some kind of video tripod as it has a panning head). It works just enough, but it is far from "good". I've backed the Peak Design...
  16. H

Canon officially announces the RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS STM

Agree 100%. I have a 200D (SL2) and I love using the EF-S 55-250 as it is so sharp across the full range (slightly less from 200mm+, but still excellent). I'm someone who is enjoying getting back into photography. As mentioned I have a 200D (SL2) and a few Canon lenses, including the 18-135...
  17. H

Pricing for the new PowerShot G series cameras and new RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS have leaked

Rumo(u)rs on this site are around late July/August
  18. H

New mid-level DSLR and EOS M5 Mark II the next ILC’s from Canon? [CR1]

The later rumo(u)rs indicated late July/August for the M announcement. Patience, grasshopper :-) Although I really want to know what it will be too, as I'm looking to upgrade a 200D. I'll either get the M5 Mk. II and EF adapter or, if that's too expensive for my limited budget, a used 80D on ebay.
  19. H

Pricing for the new PowerShot G series cameras and new RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS have leaked

I'm in Melbourne and I feel your pain too. The Australia tax and the AUD suck :-( I love my 200D but it has its limitations. Depending on the price and my cashflow, I may spring for the new M5 Mk. II (and EF adapter to use my existing lenses) or maybe pick up a used 80D on ebay.
  20. H

The RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS is coming soon

https://www.canon.com.au/camera-lenses/mount-adapter-ef-eos-r "Canon’s EF-EOS R mount adapter gives you the flexibility to shoot with any EF or EF-S lens on an EOS R mirrorless camera." "All lens functions of EF and EF-S lenses are supported when shooting with the adapter so there is no loss...