Search results

1. G

It looks like firmware v1.2.0 for the Canon EOS R will be released on April 18, 2019

And they will be released as time goes on. :) The main thing is getting the new mount sorted. Other things will come through Firmware updates.
  2. G

It looks like firmware v1.2.0 for the Canon EOS R will be released on April 18, 2019

I've just bought an EOS R and I find the autofocus exceptional. It just nails the focus point so fast. I'm not sure what the fuss is about, and yes, they have just updated the Firmware. When they released the EOS R, eye autofocus wasn't completely ready, so they left it out. It comes as...
  3. G

Eye autofocus update available in the latest Firmware update, as of today, (18/4/2019), I believe.
  4. G

Exactly. Just look at sales of mirrorless cameras in Japan: the EOS M50 leads the pack, and there is another Canon there, and the RP came in at number 11, even though it had only been on sale for part of the month. They must be doing something right!
  5. G

One thing that I would like to change about my EOS R is the following: I don't want image previews in the viewfinder, at all! When I put the viewfinder up to my eye, all I want to see is what is at the other end of the lens, not what was at the other end of the lens. Quite often, I will be...