Search results

1. Dj 7th

Canon RF 10-20mm f/4L USM announcement tonight

Does this mean that the rumored replacement for the RF 24-105 f/4 may eventually be an RF 20-105? Just wondering.
  2. Dj 7th

Stock Notice: Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro at the Canon USA Store

As an Amazon Prime member, I am seeing 7 of these available for purchase.
  3. Dj 7th

Patent: Canon RF 24mm f/1.4L and Canon RF 35mm f/1.4L

You are right. Now you are making me do calculations.
  4. Dj 7th

Patent: Canon RF 24mm f/1.4L and Canon RF 35mm f/1.4L

This might sound odd, but I still want to put it out there in case Canon is spying on the forum. Why can't Canon make 25mm and 15mm just like the Zeiss Milvus? If you look at the EF prime line up, let's start from 200mm, 135mm, 100mm, 85mm, 50mm, 35mm. I just feel that 25mm and 15mm are the...
  5. Dj 7th

Review: Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro

Yes I did. Each time I set the SA, I refocused to the general lower yellow area of the flower. I was also on AutoFocus so I re-acquire focus before I take the picture. I also have a set where I used manual focus, so after I adjust the SA, I refocused using the R5's manual focus guide. The...
  6. Dj 7th

I got my RF 100mm 2 days ago, my initial quick test does not show a focus shift but I may not have enough experience to deduce accurately. However I want to share a few of my real world tests for the stuff that I will be using the lens for to see how well it performed My second test was to...
  7. Dj 7th

I got my RF 100mm 2 days ago, my initial quick test does not show a focus shift but I may not have enough experience to deduce accurately. However I want to share a few of my real world tests for the stuff that I will be using the lens for to see how well it performed. My first test was to...
  8. Dj 7th

RF 100mm Macro L - Anyone's shipped yet?

I ordered from B&H April 14. Order is now processing and I am hoping it ships today.
  9. Dj 7th

Here is the Canon RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM

Looks like a very nice lens, I was hoping it would be about 1200 though. Looks like I will stay with my RF15-35 f/2.8 and deal with the weight.
  10. Dj 7th

R5 Communication function OFF Service

Well, this was interesting. I believe I came out more confused than when I posted the initial question. I however found out that privacy is a big concern for some people and they will not mind paying to remove anything that MAY compromise that privacy.
  11. Dj 7th

R5 Communication function OFF Service

I am not sure if this had been discussed anywhere, if so, moderator please delete. So I went to the Canon R5 page and noticed this service...
  12. Dj 7th

Preorder the new Canon lenses at Adorama

Not the RF100mm Macro. This is a brand new lens design.
  13. Dj 7th

There was also a tripod ring adapter for the EF version and it costs $174 at B&H, so $199 for the RF is not too far fetched for Canon's standard. I eventually bought an Hoage Knock off version for my EF Version because it has Acra Swiss plate built into it and a lot cheaper. Maybe Hoage will...
  14. Dj 7th

Just noticed new firmware version 1.3.1 for the R5 on Canon site

This must have been overshadowed by the EOS R3 announcement. I believe that I read somewhere about the screen bug but did not pay attention because I was not too interested in video. Thanks for the info and I just downloaded it.
  15. Dj 7th

Thanks Jeanluc, I actually had one before and have used it here and there. It was a crazy story: So when the R5 was announced, I traded my two EOS R with the EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro to Adorama with the hope of adding a little more to purchase the R5. I did that because I felt I had to let...
  16. Dj 7th

I told myself that if it is more than $1499, I am out. I just bought the EF version in November last year and I have not even used it once because I am deployed. Guess I have to sell it now as I just pre-ordered the RF version from B&H. I just hate using adapters.
  17. Dj 7th

Adorama puts an expected arrival date on the Canon EOS R5 body

I got a shipping confirmation today for my 4th of August order. Looks like they are gradually catching up with the backlog. Hope it will be generally available before Christmas.
  18. Dj 7th

Did anyone have any luck getting shipping info from the 10/20 shipment yet?
  19. Dj 7th

Rumors are slow, let’s talk RF lens wish lists

RF 35mm f/1.2 RF 100mm f/2.8 Macro RF 135mm f/1.8 or 1.4
  20. Dj 7th

I got tired of waiting because I am traveling to Asia and wanted to take it with me. I ordered the Grey Market version from Steve at Deals All Year. I paid a premium but got it the next day. I have it for just one day and I know that is the camera I have been waiting for for a few years.