Search results

1. A

Canon officially announces the Cinema EOS C500 Mark II

Does it have 10 FPS like the 90d? Or did canon cripple this model even below the 90D?!?! And not even a 32 MP sensor that even APSC cameras get. Canon certainly knows how to drive a business into the ground!
  2. A

Our favourite hands-on preview of the Canon EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II

Better reviews are starting to come out now. Some users over at Fred Miranda have done an initial evaluation of the DR of the new sensor. https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1611318 Looks like it may be a little better than the 80D, but pretty close. For such a large increase in pixels...
  3. A

Our favourite hands-on preview of the Canon EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II

All I learned from this video was that mirorless cameras are perfect and no one could ever capture a good picture using a DSLR. Also apparently live view is useless but mirrorless are awesome! Anyone have any reviews from someone who knows how to use a DSLR?
  4. A

Preorder the Canon EOS 90D, EOS M6 Mark II, RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS & RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS

Amazon has an estimated ship date of September 12th for the 90d. Not sure how accurate they usually are. I preordered as this will make for a big upgrade from my T3i which has been my backup camera for a few years.
  5. A

Here are some images and pricing for the Canon EOS 90D

Going to be cutting it close on release for me. I leave for my once in a lifetime photo trip on the 20th of September. If I can get it before then I’ll buy it. If not I’ll probably wait a year and then get it. Looks like the perfect backup camera to my 6dii though. Did anyone see buffers...
  6. A

Poll: Are you going to be preordering the Canon EOS 90D or Canon EOS M6 Mark II?

Nikon and Sony typically have lots of early issues, but never heard of a canon having a problem.
  7. A

Canon EOS 90D full specifications

Looks like with a 32.2MP sensor for a crop will give you roughly 3.24um pixels, down from the 80ds 3.73um pixels. This would reduce the DLA from f/6 to f/5 ish. Well have finally reached the point where most f/5.6 lenses will be diffraction limited wide open.
  8. A

Canon EOS 90D full specifications

Will be interesting to see how they price this. What’s the usual delay from announcement to release? I have an end of September trip that this would be perfect for.
  9. A

Canon’s roadmap for 2019, included an EOS R camera that no one is expecting? [CR2]

How long from announcement are new cameras usually available? I have a big trip coming up at the end of September and would love to try out the 90d as my backup camera.
  10. A

Kickstarter: Peak Design Unveils The Next Generation of Camera Tripods

Asked them about the weight breakdown and got a quick response. Carbon Fiber -- Ball Head: 0.2 kg (.4 lbs), Legs: 1.0 kg (2.26 lbs) Aluminum -- Ball Head Only: 0.2 kg (.44 lbs), Legs Only: 1.3 kg (2.9 lbs) Center Column: 0.05 kg (0.11 lbs) Load Hook: 0.009 kg (0.02 lbs) Mobile Mount: 0.01 kg...