Search results

1. T

Canon RF 24mm f/1.4L USM and RF 50mm f/1.4L USM coming in Q4 as part of a "hybrid family" of L prime lenses

Im interested if the 24mm 1.4 is decently corrected for coma, as it could be useful for astrophotography. Historically Canon primes have had pretty awful coma... And the 50mm IS sounds really nice. I just hope that the video centric feature won't make it less useful for photographers.
  2. T

Fixed lens “Retro” camera coming from Canon?

I agree, it totally depends on your particular use case and what you expect from a camera. If I was doing wedding photography and was working 10h per day, I'd probably prioritize ergonomics and features over everything else. But if I'm doing photography purely for the joy of taking pictures for...
  3. T

Best of Canon 2023: #2 EOS R8 and RF 10-20mm F4L IS STM

I rarely mind the lack of a joystick on my R8, I find the touch and drag on the LCD is faster and more intuitive. Only real downside is that you can't use it with gloves. I often have the 50mm 1.8 mounted on the camera and love the size and weight for street and family photography.
  4. T

The first review of the Canon RF 10-20mm f/4L IS STM is here

Also interesting how usable that uncorrected<10mm image was in the night shot. Probably a very rare occurrence that the vignetting in the corners doesn't stick out, but still kind of cool that you have the option to do that.
  5. T

R8 or R6 mark I

Sorry for the long absence, but thank you all for your opinions. Thanks , unfortunately neither the R6 nor the R8 got any discounts. I ended up ordering the R8 yesterday, and am fairly sure about my decision. I'm probably going to buy the grip extension, but I appreciate the option of not...
  6. T

R8 or R6 mark I

Thanks thats a good tip! I´ll wait a few weeks and see what kind of discounts there´ll be. Maybe that´ll make my decision easier.
  7. T

R8 or R6 mark I

Thanks for your input. It seems to me like the R6 has a lot of small niceties over the R8. However I do enjoy taking my camera with just a small prime with me sometimes, and for that the size of the r8 would be very nice. Typically I use a 24-105 F4 L on my camera, so not very small and light...
  8. T

R8 or R6 mark I

Hi all! I want to upgrade from my 6d mk 2 to a mirrorless body but I´m not sure whether I want the R6 or the R8. I live in europe, where they are priced pretty similarly (R8 is 1800€, R6 is 2000€). I like the features the R6 brings to the table like IBIS, dual card slots and better wheather...
  9. T

Canon unveils the PowerShot Zoom

I just calculated it with the specifications given, you have a crop factor of 7.2. That means that the FF equivalent apature is f40-f45:LOL:. I think I know why they didnt market it as such haha
  10. T

Canon develops world’s first 1-megapixel SPAD image sensor

Am I understanding this right that this sensor should have really good high ISO performance as it it able to measure a single photon?
  11. T

Here is the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6, along with the announcement date

If the 70-200 f4 is in the picture (and why wouldn't it be?) it seems that it's a black lens unlike it's EF counterpart. Also it has to be pretty compact otherwise it would stick out more. And I'll second that the 600 and 800mm primes look much bigger than expected.
  12. T

The Canon EOS R6 is still scheduled to be announced in May [CR2]

The 20mp sensor really does seem strange, especially when you can get a 30mp sensor with the R for significantly less money. I could imagine a lineup where it sit´s close to the R and the consumer has the choice of going with higher resolution with the R or with better video and faster bursts...
  13. T

A Canon camera has shown up for certification

And Sony! Personally I'd rather have Canon at #2 with more affordable lenses.
  14. T

Canon officially announces the RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM, RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM and new firmware for the EOS R and EOS RP

The EF 50 1.2 and 85 1.2 we're pretty soft however and there was a lot of room to improve. Arguably the 16-35 f4 is already quite a sharp lens and doesn't need improvement quite as much. That said more sharpness would still be nice, especially with the rumored 80mp Sensor.
  15. T

Just the MTF Charts: 70-200mm f/4 Zoom Lenses

I am debating on getting the 70-200 f4 is or the 70-300 IS USM ii. I want a general telephoto lens especially for landscapes and sports (Mountainbiking) but maybe also some wildlife if I run across it. Which would you choose?
  16. T

Fujifilm thinks the Canon EF-M mount is the best in the business for ease of lens design

In the formula it's 2arctan(xxxx/2yyy) so the 2 cannot bei canceled out. Nonetheless I agree to question the validity of the formula.