Search results

1. O

Are Two EOS M cameras coming in 2020? [CR1]

Also, my lens wishlist would include a compact, sharp zoom that starts ultrawide and extends to around 50mm (FF equivalent), like some of Panasonic's recent offerings. Something along the lines of 12-30mm would be great. Doesn't have to be bright as long as it's good optically. Basically, a...
  2. O

Are Two EOS M cameras coming in 2020? [CR1]

A new flagship M series body with IBIS is the camera I'm looking for, personally. Thought it was strange that the M6.II was not released alongside a camera with a built-in viewfinder. IBIS will also help with the small unstabilized primes that best suit a small APS-C system.
  3. O

Canon EOS R5 Specifications

Looks like a monster. I wonder if there will be a pixel shift high resolution mode since it has IBIS?
  4. O

Canon officially announces the PowerShot G5 X Mark II and PowerShot G7 X Mark III

Why on earth would you assume that the footage will look worse than smartphone footage? On the basis of one YouTube video shot on non-final firmware using god-knows what settings?
  5. O

Canon officially announces the PowerShot G5 X Mark II and PowerShot G7 X Mark III

I actually prefer it in this form factor. I don't like fully articulating screens, they're more awkward to use and increase the profile of the camera. I just want to be able to tilt the screen. I'm sure the uncropped 4k coming off the full width of the Sony sensor will be fine. On a camera...
  6. O

What's the point of having a pocketable camera if you're just going to stick a huge boom mic on top? Plus it would block the selfie screen for vlogging use. There are still good uses for having a mic jack. A cage fixes the problem when you don't need the pocketability. Alternatively, you...
  7. O

G5X II looks fantastic, much better than I expected. I'll definitely wait to see reviews of the new lens before buying, though.
  8. O

More information about the Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II and PowerShot G7 X Mark III

So nothing yet about whether the 4k video has an additional crop factor. Very curious about both that and about how sharp the new lens will actually be.
  9. O

Pricing for the new PowerShot G series cameras and new RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS have leaked

Most of those bodies aren't pocketable even with a pancake prime on them--certainly nowhere near as small as a G7X or an RX100 series camera (and now apparently the G5X II). A select few camera bodies with a pancake lens could fit in a large jacket pocket--but then you're on a fixed focal...
  10. O

Pricing for the new PowerShot G series cameras and new RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS have leaked

ILCs will never be pocketable, aside from a select few tiny bodies with tiny kit lenses which don't outperform fixed lens cameras anyway. Since ILCs aren't pocketable, they can never actually compete with smartphones in that dimension. Compact fixed lens cameras can. It's true that...
  11. O

My bad, you're right. I wonder how much sharper they can make it though, increasing the focal range but staying similarly small?
  12. O

The lenses Sony uses in the RX100 cameras are excellent for their size and focal range, so I'm doubtful Canon can best them. What is the source on Canon using a new lens for the G7X III/G5X II by the way? I haven't seen that in the rumored spec sheets and the focal range/aperture are identical...
  13. O

Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II Specifications

Unless they've changed the lens from the older G5X/G7X models, which is possible but seems unlikely, we already pretty much know what it has to offer. It's a bit softer than the RX100 III/IV/V lens, but not too bad.
  14. O

Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II Specifications

A lot is going to depend on how good the EVF is. If it bests the Sony in usability, this will be a strong contender for the RX100's compact camera crown. If not... well.
  15. O

Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III specifications

Disagree, I much prefer this style of screen. It's faster to tilt and much less obtrusive for street/travel photography. The fully articulated screens are nice for slow paced landscape photography and the like, but they're a bit unwieldy for the types of photography I do.
  16. O

The Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III is finally on the way

Seems likely that the best case is for them to tweak the lens design and make it a little sharper, like Ricoh did with the GR III. Most likely though it's the same exact lens.
  17. O

The Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II appears to be just around the corner, one could assume the PowerShot G7 X Mark III will soon follow

I meant no Dual Pixel on the 4k video since they keep omitting it on other cameras.
  18. O

The Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II appears to be just around the corner, one could assume the PowerShot G7 X Mark III will soon follow

My G5X2/G7X3 wishlist: Dual pixel autofocus 4k video, ideally with dual pixel and no crop (will probably have a crop and no dual pixel knowing Canon) Faster RAW shooting New lens with better sharpness/same focal length and aperture, OR... ...New lens with a slightly wider-angle starting point...