Search results

1. C

Nik Collection 3 By DxO: A Faster and More Creative User Experience in Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom Classic

The Nik collection is fantastic. My favorite photo software. Highly underrated. I only wish it was standalone, and didn't require the Adobe Suite.
  2. C

You can now get Skylum Luminar 3 for free

I don't like paying Adobe monthly rent. Especially in these challenging times. In many countries, the media industry has been absolutely devastated by the novel coronavirus. Many people have had their incomes reduced or obliterated. So any alternative products to avoid Adobe's rent are...
  3. C

Canon Cinema EOS C300 Mark III appears in Canon’s product lineup

I've been supportive of Canon's move to full-frame sensors. But the C300 is the one model that should retain its Super35 sensor, so Canon made the right call. Run & gun reality TV needs S35. But the bottom end of the range - the C100 / C200 equivalents, should move to full-frame, as those users...
  4. C

RF mount cinema camera in the works [CR2]

Why would Canon need to release a CXXX camera to judge the demand for RF lenses? Canon has already staked its future on RF lenses. Cinema cameras are mirrorless cameras. The transition must begin. It's a good move to start at the low end of the market, as many in this segment use still camera...
  5. C

Coronavirus and Canon production

The virus is only going to get worse. There's a 100% chance Photokina will be cancelled. They may as well announce the cancellation now. Which is all very sad. Disruption of camera supply chains is not good for any of us.
  6. C

New Canon Cinema EOS information rolling in [CR2]

It's strange that films are released at sub-4K resolutions. If I walk into a store that sells televisions, the vast majority of screens are 4K. Only the bargain basement models are 1080HD. I would have thought people would want 4K content for their 4K screens.
  7. C

The C100 should be both full-frame and RF Mount. So far, they've introduced full-frame starting at the high end, moving down. But the low end is where both FF & RF Mount would work best, due to the high use of still-photo lenses.
  8. C

RF Mount, please. I need that before 8K.
  9. C

What’s next from Canon?

I feel we still don't have a 5D equivalent in the EOS R range, with none on the horizon. I consider the current EOS R to be somewhat inferior to the 5D. Now we hear canon is making a high-megapixel equivalent to the 5DS. That's not what I'm looking for either.
  10. C

Canon adds five new image sensors to their lineup

Canon has previously expressed interest in making sensors for smartphones, a market currently dominated by Sony.
  11. C

The Canon EOS 5D Mark V is in the works [CR2]

I'm a 5D user. But I don't want another one. I want to migrate to full-frame mirrorless. Probably RF-mount. But the current flagship Canon R camera isn't quite as good as a 5D. I was hoping Canon would release a better Canon R (5D equivalent) before improving on the 5D DSLR.
  12. C

Canon to add 24p recording to the Canon EOS 90D, Canon EOS RP & Canon EOS M6 Mark II

24p is not 23.98fps. They are two different and incompatible formats, and should not be used interchangeably.
  13. C

Canon’s Cinema EOS plans for 2020 [CR2]

C100 Mark III - Full-frame RF-mount , please.
  14. C

Here is the Canon Cinema EOS C500 Mark II

Full frame = glorious wide angle shots
  15. C

Here is the Canon Cinema EOS C500 Mark II

Specs = Excellent This is the first Canon camera where I'm not disappointed by the specifications. User interchangeable lens mount is great. Being able to add RF-mount at a later date future proofs this camera.
  16. C

Canon will reclaim their full-frame megapixel crown [CR1]

I don't want more megapixels. I want less. I want low-light ability and increased dynamic range rather than more megapixels.
  17. C

Is RED about to announce the first RF mount video camera?

Maybe Sony wants to be the last camera company in the world. The camera market was killed by the smartphone market, but most of the tiny cameras inside those smartphones are made by Sony. Sony has eaten everyone elses lunch. So if Canon + Red teamed up to battle against Sony, then let the show...
  18. C

Rumored Canon Cinema EOS C500 Mark II specifications [CR1]

I support Canon's move to full-frame sensors, but I think Canon would have more success with FF in the cheaper cinema cameras. Users of the cheaper cams (eg Canon C100) can't afford Super 35 lenses that typically have a motorized servo zoom. C100 users tend to have cheaper full-frame lenses, so...
  19. C

Is RED about to announce the first RF mount video camera?

We don't know if Red licensed the RF mount, or just reverse engineered it. Either way, Red is taking away some of Canon's thunder by releasing the world's first RF video camera. From the photos, the Red Komodo appears to have a smaller Super 35 sensor, not full-frame. That points to it being a...
  20. C

We think it’s almost a sure thing Canon will announce a pro EOS R body in 2020

I want a 5D equivalent in RF mount. The current R doesn't cut it. I want full-frame video. I want sophisticated video control. Waveform monitors. Log output, or even raw. The wait is hard.