Search results

1. S

The Canon EOS R3 at the Tokyo Olympic Games

While the over sexualisation of sport or women in general is definitely something society needs to deal with, and sports uniforms are definitely part of that discussion... Going back to the original article and image samples, the athletes in question are at practice and not in uniform (see the...
  2. S

Get closer, with images larger than life, using the Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro

I believe the standard argument for a crop sensor is pixel density. Something like the M6 sensor is 32MP vs a cropped R5 sensor being about 17MP. While the older ones amongst us remember cropped sensors were originally just a compromise because in the early digital days full frame sensors were...
  3. S

Canon’s New DP-V3120 4K Reference Display Delivers Unprecedented HDR Capabilities

There are also things like the SDI connectors that the Apple display doesn't have that is pretty standard in actual professional workflows. This has four in, four out compared to display port and some USB.
  4. S

An RF super telephoto zoom on the way, likely in late 2020 [CR1]

There's only one reason to think it's 'too late', and that's missing the huge PR opportunity of a real pro R body and a lens like this for the Tokyo Olympics next summer. Of course they just have to announce it and have test copies in the hands of a few select individuals. But if anyone thinks...
  5. S

Industry News: Sony Introduces the High-resolution A7R IV with World’s First 61.0 MP Back-illuminated, Full-frame Image Sensor

I must be mis-understanding something here... Isn't direct readout super 35mm 4k just a fancy way of saying the 4k is cropped on the sensor? I thought pixel binning was the preffered way of getting 4k off of a higher resolution sensor? Just a dumby looking fur enlightenment...
  6. S

Here are SIGMA’s three new full-frame mirrorless camera lenses

Aperture rings almost certainly mean they want to target film makers more than stills photographers. Look at the geared ridges on the focus and aperture rings. I'm honestly surprised there's no t rating on them.