Search results

1. T

Is Canon prepping the announcement of two more lenses? It looks that way

I have the Efs 24 f2.8 stm macro for my APSC Rebel camera, and it's a very fun lens, and very sharp. Also very small. If this lens is anything like it, it would be awesome for APSC shooters, as long as it's not too big.
  2. T

Is Canon actually going to launch RF-S lenses alongside the Canon EOS R7?

Canon desperately needs an RF Rebel! Good Af, stabilisation, good APSC image quality, without going overboard with the price. In the last years of the efs mount canon came up with some pretty nice lenses for it. They should think about that.
  3. T

Here is the Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM

Looks like a great little portrait lens for the future RF apsc camera.
  4. T

These are a few of the RF lenses coming in 2021 [CR2]

Well, I have the Efs 24mm f2.8 macro stm. And the 18-45 is stm does look like an apsc lens.
  5. T

Correction: Canon is bringing us an RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM Macro

f7.1 Is what I use for landscape on one if my cameras. (Apsc with 17-50 2.8). If it's cheap and does a reasonable job, why not as a kit lens.
  6. T

Canon EOS R6 specifications [CR3]

That R6 doesn't look like it is going to be an inexpensive camera. 20mpx is more than enough for normal use, but an in body high Res mode is always welcome. Everything I would want in a camera. I just need to see what the image quality is going to look like at high isos . If the bodies have...
  7. T

Potential Canon EOS R Mark II specifications [CR1]

Canon Eos R5 (Copa Turbo).
  8. T

Another Canon Patent on IBIS + IS

It looks like an apsc camera... It would be a nice surprise!
  9. T

An EF & RF mount hybrid mirrorless camera in the works [CR2]

Having in mind that the Ef mount and that the RF mount are basically identical from the outside. The future R1 will probably accept both lenses at the same time, and the camera will be mirrorless . The only moving par will be the shutter and the sensor .
  10. T

Patent: Canon RF 50mm f/1.8

There's a road map with 28 and 40mm f2.8 pancake/little lenses. They should put Is on them if their future bodies don't have ibis.
  11. T

Patent: Canon RF 50mm f/1.8

I wish they put IS on it for a reasonable price. Though I doubt it will have IS, and a reasonable price. Now that the Eos Rp price is going down it would be interesting to see as part of a standard kit. The RF 24-240 is looks huge when mounted on the Rp. Love to see other options, like...
  12. T

The Canon EOS 5D Mark V is in the works [CR2]

I put my bets on 32, but who knows. This is Canon, when you least expect it, they surprise you. (32.5mpx apsc).
  13. T

Patent: 83mp full-frame image sensor from Canon

I get it! It's one of two possible sensors. One would be a Canon quad Bayer sensor. 83mpx on full Res mode, and 20.7mpx on Ai mode. This would be awesome. Two and more possible, an 83 mpx sensor with 20.7 million phase detect points. I would love the first option.
  14. T

Patent: Canon RF 17-70mm f/3.5-5.6

I totally agree with that! I got used to having a 24 equivalent on my hs10 9 years ago and when I bought my Apsc camera 18mm wasn't wide enough sometimes. Now I use a 17-50 2.8 which is ok on the wide end when you get used to it. The EFs 15-85 is a great lens, but a new version is long...
  15. T

All three were premium upgrades for apsc models. And before those existed, canon apsc users had the Ef 17-40 f4 L.
  16. T

True, I'm not used to trusting what I can see on these patents. Time will tell us what Canon does .
  17. T

That only confirms it's not an ff lens. The image height on an apsc lens is lower, but ff sensors are taller. So it will not cover the image on a FF sensor. This confirms they are testing apsc lenses for a probable aspc Eos R camera.
  18. T

The Canon EOS M5 Mark II and Canon EOS M6 Mark II are on the way [CR1]

I didn't say it would have the same specs. Just the same body size and shape with an M mount on it. Hopefully it would have specs that would make it worth buying. As I said, ibis and specially weather sealing are a must at that price point.
  19. T

The Canon EOS M5 Mark II and Canon EOS M6 Mark II are on the way [CR1]

Would be nice to se an EosM camera with the shape and size of the RP. And would be awesome if it had ibis and weather sealing too. With that new 32mp sensor. I would go head first for it. One question though: Would my trusty Tamron 17-50 2.8 work on it with the ef to Ef-M adapter?