Search results

1. ToonD

The Canon EOS R1 will come well before the EOS R5 Mark II [CR3]

The stadium lights are excellent at the Olympics so that's not a problem. Most photographers are sending pics via FTP wired or wireless or download only tagged images from card to laptop so card speed is also not a bottleneck. AF is already very good in say a R3. I think the photographers have...
  2. ToonD

Canon not going global shutter with next round of EOS R camera bodies

That's not my personal experience in the Netherlands. If you take the team photographers of the top four football clubs they all shoot Sony. And a lot of other photographers have also made the switch. But I think Sony, Canon, Nikon, it's all fine. A part of my work is live editing photos for an...
  3. ToonD

Let’s talk Canon EOS R1, the flagship of flagships?

Don't know if this is called banding but this is not what you want.
  4. ToonD

Let’s talk Canon EOS R1, the flagship of flagships?

My wishes for R1 are no banding when using electronic shutter, better wifi because the wifi of the R3 is not good enough and if eliminating banding is not possible then a faster mechanical shutter. I'm shooting sports so my wishes are related to that perspective.
  5. ToonD

Canon RF 200-500mm f/4L IS USM confirmed, likely in Q4 [CR3]

I wonder if there are many sport shooters who own/use a 400 2.8 and a 200-400 f4? Because I shoot a lot a soccer matches at f2.8 or f3.2 due to bad lighting conditions. But during daytime matches this 200-500 would be very nice. Although I'm thinking about how zooming would influence my style of...
  6. ToonD

Behind The Shot interviews Jeff Cable, to talk about using the EOS R3 in the real world

Now I have read a little bit over EFCS but I don't get how it's going to prevent rolling shutter like the ball in the attached photo.
  7. ToonD

Behind The Shot interviews Jeff Cable, to talk about using the EOS R3 in the real world

How does that work with high shutter speeds? I have honestly never used that.
  8. ToonD

That's the point. I shoot a lot of soccer and I can't upload photos to clients with oval balls. So I have to use my 1DX bodies for that. But then I really miss the eye auto focus etc.
  9. ToonD

And concerning the R5, would you then shoot electronic shutter or mechanical?
  10. ToonD

Exclusive! DPReview confirms what has already been confirmed. The Canon EOS R3 will be 24mp

For me the question is can a R3 replace my 1DX MK III. 99% of my work is sports photography or related to that. Currently I shoot with two 1DX MK III, a R5 and a 1DX mostly as a remote goalcam. Important for me is that a camera is reliable, predictable and can handle dust and moisture very well...
  11. ToonD

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Summary

Thanks, did not know that. I do not own a 7d body. Seems that my assumption is not 100% correct.
  12. ToonD

Sure they can but I haven't seen much from Canon in that regard. But maybe I'm wrong.
  13. ToonD

Yes point taken and being it Canon I think it's likely that they will not give us much more additional functionality. After four years with the 1DX II still no built-in intervalometer in their flagship camera.
  14. ToonD

Being professional was not the point. The point was that if you have a DSLR you are kind of stuck with it untill the newer version comes out. With mirrorless bodies, firmware updates can add new functions and not only bugfixes.
  15. ToonD

Yeah sure.
  16. ToonD

Yeah, like the Canon EOS R 1.4 update. More Mature you say?
  17. ToonD

Maybe I will see when I get there.
  18. ToonD

Check the firmware updates of the 1DX II in the past four years and then check the firmware updates of the A9 (mark 1) in the past 2 years. See the difference?
  19. ToonD

It's obvious that you are not a working pro sports photographer. Nothing wrong with that but .....
  20. ToonD

Thanks, I have been shooting with the A9 during a Sony Pro Event at Tenerife, and I was impressed as a Canon shooter with the Sony autofocus and all the Sony engineers were really engaged with our wishes. I never had this with Canon. It's just a feeling that Canon is moving too slow and holding...