Search results

1. D

Canon Patent Application: Hybrid Speedlite Cooling

Even people say that the EL-1 is a disaster, this is my main flash and is a beast in every way. My main complaint is the range of the wireless, 30 meters is so little and it should be increased!
  2. D

Canon adds ST-E3-RT Version 3 transmitter

Why Canon doesn't increase the wireless range transmission? 30m, seriously? I have the Westcott system and the wireless 300m, and it works on Canon frequency, however, when using the EL-1 to fire the Wescott FJ-200 or FJ-400 it misses the communication on the other side of the dance floor on a...
  3. D

Canon EOS R5 Mark II sensor resolution likely to stick at 45mp but with new AI features [CR2]

What I would love from Canon is to have a direct file transfer from the camera to the computer, with or without cable. Also, better connectivity with your smartphone. The app it's still too laggy. I love the idea of keeping those megapixels lower, but I think Canon should have a 100mp camera...
  4. D

What’s going on with Canon Speedlites?

I got the EL-1 and the ST-E10 (trigger)! The El-1 is a workhorse, it doesn't misfire anytime...and I can shoot sometimes at 1/512 or even 1/1024 depending on the ISO, as well as the bicolor LED for quick videos. One battery can last a full wedding of 8 to 10 hours. I have been using it on the R6...
  5. D

The RF 24-105mm f/2.8L IS USM Z won’t be the last RF PowerZoom lens

I wish the zoom motor to be internal, it would be fantastic to control it with the gimbal dial. Hope will have some way to control it on the gimbal as a one-man crew.
  6. D

Canon Patent Application: Grip based active cooling

Noooo! Gez, then you start to look, if other companies can, why Canon can't? Just do it smaller, in body, and lightweight. After the 40s everything you wish is small and lightweight. But*** Looking at the details of the photos, I think the next generation of cameras will come with passive...
  7. D

Is it finally happening? Canon RF 50mm f/1.4 USM [CR1]

I don't mind paying $ 899 or $ 1,299 for a 1.4 lens as long it is as sharp and fast AF as the RF 1.2s, but comparing the RF 24 1.8 and the RF 85 1.2, it's night and day. I think the $499 RF 24 1.8 lacks a lot on AF speed and sharpness, I should be a little better! Even the RF 15-35 2.8 wide open...
  8. D

Canon EF-EOS R mount adapters are going up in price

Wrong direction Canon! This should be almost free, this should be a plus to why people are coming from their DSLR to keep on Canon. In the meantime you are going to get rid of your EF lenses to get RF it is way too expensive, but if you get an E-mount camera, you can get all fast or a better...
  9. D

An RF Zoom fisheye is coming [CR2]

I still have the old 15mm fisheye 2.8 and it works perfectly...even better on the R series.
  10. D

An image of the Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8L IS USM has leaked ahead of the official announcement

Never doubt of how much a parent is willing to spend just to not hire a pro!
  11. D

An image of the Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8L IS USM has leaked ahead of the official announcement

It's a lens that I can see every sports photographer/filmmaker for indoor, and outdoor using it...plus amateur parents with their R8 to shoot their kids on soccer...for sure the future of this lens will be great!
  12. D

Don’t expect any third-party autofocus lenses in the near future

Even doing photography for living I'm very discouraged to pull the trigger on RF lenses, I am still on EF glass (16-35 2.8LII, 24-70 2.8LII, and 70-200 2.8L (no IS)). It's insane the prices of the new lenses. OBS: All the new lenses have IS, it's just one more thing to break inside the lens.
  13. D

Canon EOS R7 specifications [CR3]

If the R7 work just like the R6 that will be amazing...just hope to be the Dual pixel AF II, not I.
  14. D

Is Canon actually going to launch RF-S lenses alongside the Canon EOS R7?

Canon did and will do it again, for the experienced photographers that don't make sense but if you are a beginner or do it hobby RF-S is the wai to go like they did with 17-55 2.8 IS to go a little cheaper...what doesn't make sense is they do cheaper RF 2.8 versions for the RF-S system. As an 18...
  15. D

Nikon Releases Z 800mm at 1/3 Cost of Canon’s

That's a big hit on Canon's face, Nikon is pushing back and they are doing really well...as Canon did to catch Sony I can see Nikon coming fast and cheaper them both...Canon has been abusive with their prices, for a real-world photographer it's nonsense the new prices, and if you already have...
  16. D

Industry News: Canon Still #2 in Full Frame Mirrorless Market

I've used professionally Canon since 2003, and for the first time I'm really considering switching to Sony, I really disagree with Canon glass prices and also we don't have third parties glasses options...I still using the, 28 1.8 bought in 2007, 16-35 2.8 LII bought in 2009, 70-200 2.8 L bought...
  17. D

Here is everything that you need to know about tomorrow’s big day from Canon

I'm really expecting a 14mm 2.8, 2.0, or 1.4, or even a 12mm.
  18. D

Canon control ring adapters

I was waiting for the R6 and control ring adapter to be available on BH and Adorama but was impossible to get, so I purchased it on Canon shop directly, took me 20 days to get the camera and probably 45 for the adapter.
  19. D

Rumors confirmed: Canon EOS M50 Mark II and a new Speedlite are coming soon

I've been using two 600 EX RT with ST-E3 RT since their launch, the battery will be a great evolution, but is really late for that Canon!! Probably I will be ending with godox flashes.
  20. D

Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT replacement coming soon [CR2]

They can improve a lot for a flash dedicated to Mirrorless, first and the main thing is an AF beam for dark situations and second able to use LP6-EN on flash will be great...hope RT system work directly from the camera without a trigger (ST-E3 RT).