Search results

1. TrubadorPhotography

Has anybody gotten the 90D yet and taken it for a spin?

Update: Yesterday, I took the plunge and ordered the 90D along with a Tamron 18-400 f/3.5-6.3. I also bought (on Saturday) a used Canon 17-40 f/4 L from a pro photographer/old acquaintance of mine. These will go along with my pre-existing 70-200 f/2.8 L USM, my Nifty-50, and my old EF-S kit...
  2. TrubadorPhotography

Canon to add 24p recording to the Canon EOS 90D, Canon EOS RP & Canon EOS M6 Mark II

There are a few still on my old Flickr page. Just go to the link in my signature (below), click on the "Portfolio" album and scroll through. That gives you a general idea of what I've been shooting over the last 5-½ years with the T3i (including some agility dogs, as well as shots of my own...
  3. TrubadorPhotography

Canon to add 24p recording to the Canon EOS 90D, Canon EOS RP & Canon EOS M6 Mark II

Although this particular feature wasn't a dealbreaker for me, it did put my friend and work colleague on the fence re: updating his 70D (since he uses kit mainly for video, and for him 25p was important and necessary as an option). This definitely swayed him to go ahead with the upgrade. For...
  4. TrubadorPhotography

Has anybody gotten the 90D yet and taken it for a spin?

Was curious if anyone here has gotten the new 90D yet and taken it for a spin? I'm about to take the plunge myself (upgrading from my T3i), and would like to hear first-hand impressions before the dive. Thanx!
  5. TrubadorPhotography

Canon officially announces the EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II

I see no 1080 24p on Canon’s website for the 90D.
  6. TrubadorPhotography

I stand corrected on that. Saw the 24p but wasn’t for 4K. Which does back up my point about 4K 24p is really best suited for FF cameras. True, it’s available on the SL3 and M50. But I think Canon is deciding that it’s best to reserve high quality 4K for high-end or video-centric cameras.
  7. TrubadorPhotography

Only talking about me on this issue... but any video features in the 90D are just a bonus. So, the Full HD/4K without 24p is not a deal breaker. I just looked at the 80D video specs from Canon's website, and what it has is: 1920 x 1080 (Full HD): 30 fps (29.97 fps) / 24 fps (23.98 fps). The...
  8. TrubadorPhotography

Mid-September... My birthday gift to myself... Hello, 90D! :cool:
  9. TrubadorPhotography

Here are some images and pricing for the Canon EOS 90D

Look at the spec sheet in the attached PDF. All of those modes are there (and more). Accessible via the touch screen rather than the dial.
  10. TrubadorPhotography

Here are some images and pricing for the Canon EOS 90D

$1199 body only? HECK YEAH!!! I just need to know the release date. Soooooo happy to finally be able to get this baby. I have a photo gig on the first Saturday of November. Would love to have this and some new lenses before then. But, if it’s not available until Christmas season, that’s...
  11. TrubadorPhotography

Poll: Are you going to be preordering the Canon EOS 90D or Canon EOS M6 Mark II?

You just described me in that first paragraph. I’ve had the T3i for the last 5-1/2 years, and this (the 90D) will be my step-up camera. A top-end crop sensor DSLR with great auto focus, FPS, flip LCD with touch, EF and EF-S lens compatible, mid-level cost, new sensor, with added 4K video...
  12. TrubadorPhotography

Canon EOS 90D full specifications

FINALLY!!! :cool: After over a year of patiently waiting while rumors slowly dripped about this camera release, it's finally here. And, for me, this is exactly what I've been hoping for. As I stated in last week's post about the soon-coming 90D, I've been using an old Rebel T3i for the last 5-½...
  13. TrubadorPhotography

Canon EOS 90D and Canon EOS M6 Mark II announcements coming at the end of August

I have no interest, at this time, in getting into the mirrorless realm while it's still in it's infancy. When it has matured, proven it's abilities, improved it's specs, and dropped in it's price, THEN maybe get into it. And, at that point, I will have grown in my own abilities as a photographer...
  14. TrubadorPhotography

Canon EOS 90D and Canon EOS M6 Mark II announcements coming at the end of August

I've been following CR for quite sometime, but only now joined the forum. As someone who got into the DSLR realm only 5-½ years ago with my current Rebel T3i and a handful of basic lenses, I have been anxiously waiting for this 80D/7D replacement model for over a year. I would consider myself...