Search results

1. W

5Ds Mark II and hate for mirrorless

Actually, I was using the M6II with the adapter when the collision occurred. The lens is insured and a claim filed. The combo is forward heavy, so I was using a mono-pod. The image I posted was taken with this combo prior to the "Let's give it all" for the high school, LOL. I do think that the...
  2. W

Yeah! Especially at 8 decades of age, I really did not expect to get up!!!
  3. W

I'm was using M, 1/1000 shutter, f2.8, AI Servo/ High FPS. However, I was knocked on my ass by a ref (my bad) and the lens is broken. With the lighting and the fact that I will be using the 70-300 4.5 - 5.6 I'm just guessing that it will take 25600. Any different ideas appreciated. Perhaps a...
  4. W

My bad folks. It appears, based on last night and a test I just ran, that at ISO 25600 there is no comparison between the M62 and the 5D4 as far as noise is concerned. All shots taken with 70-200 f2.8 at 2.8 reveal that the full frame sensor on the 5d far outshines the M6, the M6 being unusable...
  5. W

Well, it appears
  6. W

Michael, I agree so I will see how it goes. Testing thus far has been fine with the EVF and I may even try just the screen tonight at the game. Jack
  7. W

I wanted to try the lighted focus spot as on the 5d4 my old eyes can track a player just fine but the focus points (5) are hard to see. Also, the lighter weight appealed to me which means with the 70-200 2.8 I will use tonight the combination GC (center of gravity - I am an old pilot) will be...
  8. W

Gentlemen, New here so a bit of background: using a camera for 70 years, switched to Canon some three years ago, a 70D. Currently take night HS football as the school sports photographer where the light is abysmal using the 5D4. That will change tomorrow. Jjust got a M6 mark2 and at home tests...
  9. W

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

Very nice. Here is my first posted shot on this site. Taken on the James River East of Richmond, VA. 5D4 with 70-300, f.6.3, 300mm, 1/1600, ISO Auto about 160.