Search results

1. P

Patent: Lots of super telephoto lenses mentioned

Any chance we'll ever see the EF 500mm f/4L IS III and/or the EF 300mm f/2.8L IS III come to fruition? Would be nice for Canon to finish the "III" line of the EF big whites (and all of them actually being the same shade of white) before abandoning the EF line. I would think that these two lenses...
  2. P

Samyang introduces the MF 14mm F2.8 MK2 and MF 85mm f/1.4 MK2

So they only mention weather-sealing and an updated aperture ring . . . no mention of optics changes, other than "maintaining the conventional imaging quality that is loved by customers around the world". If those are the only significant (if you can call it that) differences, I'll be buying the...
  3. P

Canon posts first quarter of 2020 financial results

I see they referenced the R5 announcement, which has yet to be announced :D
  4. P

Canon releases new security firmware updates for more cameras

FYI - The 80D is listed in this post as one of the cameras with newly-released firmware, but the latest 80D firmware shown on the Canon website is v1.03 dated August 6th, and I've had firmware v1.03 installed on my 80D since it was released back in August.
  5. P

A bit more about the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III [CR2]

While I love to save money, and I'm sure 3rd party batteries can deliver similar performance to genuine Canon batteries, my biggest concern with using 3rd party batteries - at least in cameras still under warranty, is damaging the camera and voiding the warranty. I'm sure the chances of...
  6. P

The Canon EOS 5D Mark V is in the works [CR2]

Every day that went by without the announcement of the 5D Mk V led me to think the same thing. Perhaps it's naive, but it gives me hope. It actually crossed my mind that Canon's answer to the 5D Mk IV successor would be an EOS R Mk II (killing off the 5D line); so hearing the news of a 5D Mk V...
  7. P

The Canon EOS 5D Mark V is in the works [CR2]

So stoked - been waiting for this (inevitable) news for a while, and why I have been holding off on buying a 5D Mark IV (I only have an 80D)! I'm guessing this will be the last 5D DSLR, but I'm really hoping Canon releases IS versions of the EF 24-70mm f/2.8L and 16-35mm f/2.8L before they kill...