Search results

1. B

R5 custom buttons: switch between eye AF and one shot, hold thumb down?

Yes the R as eye AF, not as good as the R5 by the looks of things.
  2. B

R5 custom buttons: switch between eye AF and one shot, hold thumb down?

What camera are you using? It didn't work very well for me on the R. The eye AF toggle button only works when on the automatic face detection mode and not when you are on any of the other AF modes. I haven't found a way to switch between face detection and spot AF mode with a single button.
  3. B

Side by side comparison of the Canon EOS R5, Canon EOS R and Canon EOS RP

Probably need somewhere to put the electronics for the screen. On the R is on the right which is probably not the best for the touch AF selection as you have to reach further across. Bottom or left look like the bet and was probably based on user feedback.
  4. B

Shooting APS-C on a full frame RP

While crop mode is just like cropping the image in post processing. It does have the advantage that your subject appears bigger in the viewfinder making it easier to check focus, exposure and not be distracted by by things near the edge of the frame. If you only want a little bit more then...
  5. B

DAT file on M5 video error

give VLC player a go.
  6. B

Firmware: Canon EOS R v1.3.0

Depends how they are handling the data and how much flexibility the want in the future. Maybe they want to allow the switch to be customised to something other than focus and control ring? If it's all in the lens and the body has no idea the switch is even there. Could be handy to have some...
  7. B

Firmware: Canon EOS R v1.3.0

I think the more obvious difference is the switch able control/focus ring. I would expect this switch would need to be handled by the camera, to know how to treat the data from the lens.